We are looking for an exceptionally awesome Director, Strategy to work directly with our Strategy, Operations, Digital Advertising Services, and Client Services teams, helping to drive and establish clients’ digital marketing strategies. This role will be instrumental in leading our strategic efforts at ROI·DNA, from ideation to implementation. Depending on client priorities, the strategy may cover multiple channels across the various paid and organic digital marketing programs with the goal of optimizing clients’ online business and website goals.
The ideal background for this position is one in which the person has acquired a solid track record of innovative strategic thinking that has driven positive business results. We’re ideally targeting someone with agency experience, helping develop strategies for a range of different companies and verticals.
We place a lot of value on a very positive workplace where folks encourage and educate each other and lend a hand when necessary - lots of companies talk about this, but ROI·DNA is the real deal.
Essential Job Duties
- Own and lead the digital strategy service for ROI, in partnership with EVP, Strategy, including hiring and growing the Strategy team
- Hands-on strategy work including performing discovery activities, research, and assessment of the industry and clients’ current KPIs
- Perform primary and secondary research to inform the development of buyer personas, customer journey/experience maps, content strategies, messaging maps, and other strategy deliverables
- Build and map the client strategy for various areas including customer flow & product communication, customer communication optimization, any recommendations on third-party tool integrations, flow & landing page design segmentation strategy, and most importantly, content segmentation.
- Compare how a client is performing in its competitive landscape – including competitor spends, CRO flows & go-to-market approaches.
- Work with peers on reviewing and identifying any gaps in the clients’ existing technology investments.
- Work closely with clients to communicate/digest the findings generated from strategic activities, guiding them through the thought process in order to share the best practices and the evolution of their go-to-market approach.
- Help clients finalize digital marketing budgets and identifying the best marketing channels and high-level tactics to optimize the impact of those budgets
- Identify the process needed to improve our offerings, which includes becoming an expert in our current tools and offerings and identifying areas to expand outside of our current tools and offerings.
- 8-10 years of experience as a Strategist or Director in the marketing and advertising fields creating, leading, and selling through digital, direct and/or integrated marketing strategies and solutions.
- Must have enterprise B2B experience, as well as a deep understanding of how to develop a strategy focused on impacting pipeline over sales cycles from 3-6 months and beyond.
- Experience with Account-Based Marketing strongly preferred
- Must be able to influence C-level clients.
- Proactive and able to work independently.
- Exceptional visual, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong deadline orientation and ability to effectively prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a flexible, dynamic and fast-paced environment; managing multiple projects and accounts concurrently.
- Experience developing buyer personas and journey maps, particularly within a B2B or ABM framework
- Knowledge and experience in Google, Salesforce, Demandbase, and marketing ops technology are a huge plus
ROI·DNA delivers tailored services for B2B and B2C businesses. With dedicated teams in creative, development, and digital marketing, we’ve grown the revenues and brands of over 100 happy clients – including Capital One, Google, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Norton and Malwarebytes.
We’re not just experts, we’re people. And we value people. And people things, like building relationships, having fun, and treating others with respect. We cultivate our humanity because we care to make a lasting mark, not a quick buck.