Role: Rock and Pop Music Teacher - Morden
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Starting Salary: £22K per annum with the potential to progress up to £26K per annum
Holiday: 12 weeks paid holiday a year
Fuel: Fuel package included
Start Date: This position is to start mid August ready for the new academic year
No teaching experience required - full training, support and development provided
Are you an enthusiastic musician looking for a full-time permanent role in music? Are you passionate about the power of music and want to inspire the next generation? Do you want a rewarding career that gives you time to dedicate to your own musical projects?
Read on for more information about this exciting role as a Rocksteady Band Leader.
- Deliver progressive and inclusive weekly music lessons in a rock and pop band setting.
- Teach and inspire children at primary schools in your area.
- Offer children their first opportunity of playing an instrument to develop their confidence, resilience, and wellbeing through performing in a band.
- Be a rock star role model, empowering and supporting children during their first live performances and beyond.
- Complete simple daily administration tasks where required.
Skills and Experience
- Be a multi-instrumentalist - competent on at least 2 of: drums, guitar, keyboard and vocals.
- Be passionate about teaching - experience is preferred, but it's not a requirement (we provide extensive training and support).
- Ability to work in a way that promotes the safety and wellbeing of children and young people
- Excellent communication and social skills with both children and adults.
- Be outgoing, confident, and approachable with high energy, interpersonal skills, and enthusiasm.
- Be a strong independent worker with great time management skills.
- Have excellent administration/IT skills and attention to detail.
- High level of integrity and resilience.
- Full-time salary position.
- Monday – Friday daytime only.
- Fuel package included.
- 12 weeks paid holiday per year.
- Full training in our progressive teaching methodologies.
- Benefits package including discounts on everyday purchases, free 24/7 GP service and more.
- Employee discount at nationwide music instrument retailers
- A positive and welcoming work environment with celebratory staff away-days, Christmas parties and opportunities to socialise with other like-minded musicians.
- Opportunities to work with the Rocksteady Foundation, reaching children and young people in charities and support groups across the UK.
Rocksteady is the largest rock school in the world and our mission is simple - To empower as many children as possible and transform their lives through progressive and inclusive music education which directly improves their wellbeing, confidence, and life skills.
Rocksteady Music School is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to the fair treatment of staff, potential staff, and of our services, regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability, or offending background. Due to the nature of the position, any offer of employment for this role will be subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
To find out more about Rocksteady, check out our website www.rocksteadymusicschool.com