Senior Experience Designer
About the Role
Rocket Travel is looking for a Senior Experience Designer to join our growing Design team. Whether it’s serving travelers or our partners, we believe great design starts by putting the customer first.
As a Senior Experience Designer at Rocketmiles, you will:
- Work as a design generalist. You’ll execute all aspects of design including user research, interaction design, and visual design.
- Talk to customers. You’ll get to know our customers through shadowing, interviews, and basic usability tests.
- Be a partner. Silos aren’t our thing; you’ll be a partner to product, engineering, customer loyalty, business development, and others around the company.
- Keep it human. You’ll prioritize customer needs, set success metrics, and contribute to the team’s roadmap.
- Craft a vision. Design has the unique ability to illustrate the future. Using data, customer insights, and business objects, you’ll paint a picture of where we should explore and the minimum lovable products to get us there.
- Work within a distributed design team. Our team has a blast together across all US timezones! While we are HQ’d in Chicago, we’re open to wherever you want to be.
- You’ve designed and shipped multiple products in the past. We’re looking for someone with 5+ years of experience bringing ideas to life and evolving them.
- You’ve worked in data-driven environments. We embrace both quantitative and qualitative data. You’re experienced in using data as a means to inspire and evaluate a concept.
- You enjoy the details. From writing a thoughtful discussion guide to crafting the perfect micro-interaction, you enjoy getting your hands dirty in the nuance of design.
- You’re familiar with the Human-Centered Design process. You know how to keep the customer at the front and center of each project, while balancing the needs of the business and technology.
- You seek feedback. You have a growth mindset, are comfortable soliciting feedback, and are curious to learn from a spectrum of perspectives.
- You balance exploration with execution. Exploration and execution are both key to building innovative experiences. You understand when it’s time to explore and when it’s time to deliver.
- You’re familiar with current design tools. You’ve used Sketch, Invision, and excited to dive into Figma.
Rocket Travel is a place where you:
- Work with a group of intrinsically motivated people with a track record for building successful new businesses from scratch.
- Embody curiosity, community, and accountability. We live and build products by these values every day.
- Own decisions and take action that can be implemented in a matter of days (or hours).
- Get inspired and encouraged to vacation faster, with an annual vacation stipend.
- Receive a competitive compensation package, including bonus, 401k with match, flexible vacation time, maternity and paternity benefits, health, and dental insurance.
- Can work remotely. Though we have great offices in Chicago’s West Loop and in NYC’s Empire State building, we're all working remotely for the time being, and we welcome full-time remote applicants, too.
- Share your passion for travel with equally adventurous teammates.
- Work within the largest online travel company in the world. Rocket Travel creates B2C and B2B2C travel products and is part of Booking Holdings (BKNG). We have many worldwide partners and a diversified business. Despite the world’s current situation, Booking Holdings has been rated the healthiest company in travel, and we’re using 2021 to prepare for the future. We’re solidifying our tech stack, our business capabilities, polishing our UI, and growing our partnerships so that we’ll be ready to meet the world’s pent-up demand for travel when the time comes.
About Rocket Travel
Rocket Travel partners with loyalty programs around the world to make travel even more rewarding. Our customers can earn and redeem miles, points, and gift cards, or save big with exclusive discounts, for booking travel accommodations around the world, from global favorite brands to boutique bed and breakfasts. We also help our partners curate vacation excursion planning and car rental services, with a completely branded experience from the first search to check-out from their stay.
We attract customers from every corner of the globe with a user experience that's built in-house from ideation to finished product: our team includes front- and back-end developers, customer service, data analysts, designers, marketers, accountants, partnership sales, and managers. We have offices in Chicago, NYC, Bogota, Kuala Lumpur, Manila, and Cebu, as well as colleagues working remotely across four continents. Our global partnerships range from world-class airlines to international banks to large-scale shopping platforms.
We began in 2013 as a start-up, were acquired by Bookings Holdings Group two quick years later, and we've been growing rapidly ever since. Rocket Travel is dedicated to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace where everyone has the opportunity to reach new heights in their career, and expand their knowledge working alongside talented, dedicated colleagues. We encourage all applicants with a touch of wanderlust to apply to our team, as we work toward helping our travelers reach the vacation of their dreams.
Rocket Travel creates B2C and B2B2C travel solutions, and is part of Booking Holdings (BKNG). We have many worldwide partners and a diversified business. Despite the world’s current situation, Booking Holdings has been rated the healthiest company in travel, and we’re using 2021 to prepare for the future. We’re solidifying our tech stack, our business capabilities, and our partnerships so that we’ll be ready to meet the world’s pent-up demand for travel when the time comes. We’d love for you to join us and help the world travel again!
Candidates should be authorized to accept employment in the US from any employer, should be willing to start within three weeks of accepting an offer, and should be able to work the same daily working hours as our Chicago office.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are Rocket Travel priorities, and we are looking for candidates who will contribute positively to the company's mission to be an inclusive environment. Rocketmiles has multiple employee resource groups, including a diversity and inclusion committee, and has committed to DEI goals in hiring, employee retention, and the overall demographics of the organization. DEI is an important element of our values and we conduct ongoing and regular training for our teammates in an effort to foster collaboration, improve morale, and support one another.