This opportunity is based in New York City (or, alternatively, Chicago).
About Rocket Travel:
Rocket Travel, an affiliate company of Agoda, creates B2C and B2B2C travel solutions. We have many worldwide partners and a diversified business. We are now looking to bolster and solidify our business capabilities and global partnerships, with the support of legal counsel, so that we will be ready to meet the world’s pent-up demand to travel again!
Get to Know our Agoda Legal Team:
In the age of technology, things are constantly changing. The travel market is much the same, being more dynamic and complex than ever. Agoda’s Legal team is well suited to take on the challenges presented, adopting a proactive mindset to tackle challenges and solve problems. We are quick on our feet, decisive, and collaborate with multiple departments. We hire out-of-the-box thinkers that are well grounded with ethics and legal knowledge to ensure that Agoda achieves the right results, the right way.
In this unique opportunity to work with both Agoda and Rocket Travel, contemporaneously, we are seeking a confident, talented and self-motivated transactional lawyer to join the Agoda Legal team and serve as dedicated Commercial Counsel to our sister brand, Rocket Travel.
While much of the role will require close collaboration with Rocket Travel colleagues, this is also a chance to join the growing Agoda Legal team, which is based in Bangkok, Thailand, but with a small team in the United States. This role reports to Agoda’s Head of Legal for the Americas and is preferably based out of our New York City office. This is an opportunity to work closely with other senior stakeholders at both Agoda and Rocket Travel, as well as lawyers around the globe from our family of Booking Holdings brands.
In this specialized legal role, you will be given the chance to mold this position to suit the business needs, with a strong focus on supporting deal negotiations for Rocket Travel’s global partnerships. You will need to negotiate and navigate the contracting process from the first business development meetings to the final execution copies. You will help to evaluate strategic and advantageous business options, while managing and mitigating risks to the company.
In this Role, you'll get to:
- Serve as Commercial Counsel for Rocket Travel and its global partnership business (e.g., airlines, financial institutions, telecom companies, loyalty programs).
- Work on contract reviewing, drafting, negotiating and advising responsibilities for a variety of agreements relating to distribution, software services, suppliers/vendors/consultants, and technology/licensing/development, as well as intercompany agreements with Agoda and other Booking Holdings brands.
- Provide strategic business and legal advice to Rocket Travel business stakeholders.
- Manage and resolve legal escalations that arise from existing commercial relationships.
- Support other related legal functions, including a good working knowledge of the current applicable Data Privacy and Security laws (e.g., GDPR, CCPA).
- Liaise with and assist Agoda’s Head of Legal for The Americas, the central Agoda Legal team (based in Bangkok, Thailand) and external counsel, as needed.
- Prepare and maintain template documentation and negotiation guidelines, ensuring consistent contractual positions, and providing training to internal business partners.
What you'll Need to Succeed:
- J.D., from an ABA-accredited law school.
- Admission, in good standing, to at least one State Bar (New York preferred).
- 6+ years of relevant transactional experience at a top-tier law firm or the in-house legal department of a global company. Candidates with experience in the travel, hospitality or other related tech industries and as in-house counsel are preferred.
It's Great if you have:
- The ability to thrive working in a fast-paced, high-pressure, entrepreneurial environment.
- The ability to be a team player who works effectively, collaboratively and cross-functionally, as well as think creatively and be solution-oriented.
- The ability to navigate deliverables across two different companies, varying time zones and differing departments within both Agoda and Rocket Travel.
- A detail-oriented nature and strong organizational skills
- The ability to work independently and to prioritize workload.
- The flexibility to travel 20% as it may be required post-pandemic, including between the New York City and Chicago offices
#Boston #Chicago #WashingtonDC #NewJersey #Connecticut #Boston #LosAngeles #California #Seattle #Houston #WashingtonDC #Toronto #Vancouver #Montreal #LGL #4 # counsel #LI-SE1