About the Role
Rocket Travel is looking for a well-rounded marketer to join our growing team. In this role, you’ll work closely with our partnerships, product, and design teams, helping to develop and execute email, social, and digital campaigns for Rocketmiles.com and our growing list of white label travel booking platforms (e.g. Alaska Air Hotels and T-Mobile Travel).
As a Marketing Associate at Rocket Travel, you will:
Spend about 70% of your time driving growth for Rocketmiles.com and our white label travel platforms, by
- Working closely with our partnerships team to develop multi-channel campaigns and creatives, including promotions, blast and lifecycle emails, social media, and paid performance, and work with our design team to execute campaigns
- Example: Work with our T-Mobile partner manager and T-Mobile’s marketing team to pitch a Spring Break email campaign to Rocket’s email list of T-Mobile Travel customers, and then execute on the idea by building and launching the campaign
- Analyzing and reporting on campaign KPIs in order to make recommendations for new tests and iterations
- Example: Use SQL to analyze at how many bookings/ how much revenue an email campaign generated and form a hypothesis as to what worked / did not work
Spend 30% of your time managing digital marketing campaigns
- Manage the social media channels (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest & LinkedIn) for our flagship product, Rocketmiles.com, and work with partners to leverage their owned-channels
- Experience and/or interest in taking over paid performance channels a plus
Note: If you don’t quite meet all the requirements below but are interested in learning and confident in your ability, please apply! We’d love to learn more about you.
- You have 1-3 years of marketing experience working on the full cycle of campaigns, from strategy to execution to analysis, across a range of mediums
- You are comfortable with email marketing and using merge tags and dynamic logic in email. Experience with Iterable or a similar platform will come in handy!
- You know how to develop a brand presence and can effectively write copy for different channels, customers, and goals
- You have a data-driven mindset. You’ll want to be comfortable with both campaign analytics and using customer data to create personalized, dynamic email campaigns. Familiarity with Excel, Google Sheets and/or SQL required
- You’re able to work independently, manage your own workload, and switch gears quickly as necessary. Agile/startup experience a plus.
- You have an eye for design. Design ability is a plus, but not required.
- English proficiency required. Spanish & Portuguese a plus.
- You love to travel! When it’s safe, of course.
Rocket Travel is a place where you:
- Work with a group of intrinsically motivated people with a track record for building successful new businesses from scratch.
- Embody curiosity, community, and accountability. We live and build products by these values every day.
- Own decisions and take action that can be implemented in a matter of days (or hours).
- Get inspired and encouraged to vacation faster, with an annual vacation stipend.
- Receive a competitive compensation package, including bonus, 401k with match, flexible vacation time, maternity and paternity benefits, health, and dental insurance.
- Can work remotely. Though we have great offices in Chicago’s West Loop and in NYC’s Empire State building, we're all working remotely for the time being, and we welcome full-time remote applicants, too.
- Share your passion for travel with equally adventurous teammates.
- Work within the largest online travel company in the world. Rocket Travel creates B2C and B2B2C travel products and is part of Booking Holdings (BKNG). We have many worldwide partners and a diversified business. Despite the world’s current situation, Booking Holdings has been rated the healthiest company in travel, and we’re using 2021 to prepare for the future. We’re solidifying our tech stack, our business capabilities, polishing our UI, and growing our partnerships so that we’ll be ready to meet the world’s pent-up demand for travel when the time comes.
About Rocket Travel
Rocket Travel partners with loyalty programs around the world to make travel even more rewarding. Our customers can earn and redeem miles, points, and gift cards, or save big with exclusive discounts, for booking travel accommodations around the world, from global favorite brands to boutique bed and breakfasts. We also help our partners curate vacation excursion planning and car rental services, with a completely branded experience from the first search to check-out from their stay.
We attract customers from every corner of the globe with a user experience that's built in-house from ideation to finished product: our team includes front- and back-end developers, customer service, data analysts, designers, marketers, accountants, partnership sales, and managers. We have offices in Chicago, NYC, Bogota, Kuala Lumpur, Manila, and Cebu, as well as colleagues working remotely across four continents. Our global partnerships range from world-class airlines to international banks to large-scale shopping platforms.
We began in 2013 as a start-up, were acquired by Bookings Holdings Group two quick years later, and we've been growing rapidly ever since. Rocket Travel is dedicated to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace where everyone has the opportunity to reach new heights in their career, and expand their knowledge working alongside talented, dedicated colleagues. We encourage all applicants with a touch of wanderlust to apply to our team, as we work toward helping our travelers reach the vacation of their dreams.
Rocket Travel creates B2C and B2B2C travel solutions, and is part of Booking Holdings (BKNG). We have many worldwide partners and a diversified business. Despite the world’s current situation, Booking Holdings has been rated the healthiest company in travel, and we’re using 2020 to prepare for the future. We’re solidifying our tech stack, our business capabilities, and our partnerships so that we’ll be ready to meet the world’s pent-up demand for travel when the time comes. We’d love for you to join us and help the world travel again!
Candidates should be authorized to accept employment in the US from any employer, should be willing to start within three weeks of accepting an offer, and should be able to work the same daily working hours as our Chicago office.
At Rocket Travel, we’re building a diverse team that values accountability, curiosity, and community. If you share these values and are interested in joining us, we’d love to talk with you even if you don’t meet 100% of the requirements listed here. We don’t expect anyone to have all the answers, as long as they’re willing to learn and grow with us. Diversity, equity and inclusion are Rocket Travel priorities, and we are looking for candidates who will contribute positively to the company's mission to be an inclusive environment. Rocketmiles has multiple employee resource groups, including a diversity and inclusion committee, and has committed to DEI goals in hiring, employee retention, and the overall demographics of the organization. DEI is an important element of our values and we conduct ongoing and regular training for our teammates in an effort to foster collaboration, improve morale, and support one another.