We are seeking an innovative and motivated cell/molecular biologist to join our growing Target Biology team. The successful candidate will lead activities to identify and evaluate target dependency hypotheses, help identify preclinical models representative of target patient populations, and validate small molecule leads. We are looking for you to help shape our growing portfolio and provide intellectual and strategic leadership as we select and execute on our next wave(s) of targets that will benefit patients. You will work collaboratively within an energetic, matrixed research organization, helping guide teams and communicate the importance of our work to a broad audience.
- Serve as the Biology lead on teams passionate about developing small molecule modulators of clinically validated targets
- Help Identify the best targets to expand our portfolio and design biology experiments to assess target dependency and function
- Develop and validate cell-based models, evaluate candidate small molecules, and support our drug discovery efforts
- Direct and indirect leadership of individuals and managing external CROs to drive our projects
- You have earned your Ph.D. and have post-doctoral training in genetics/cell/molecular biology or related field
- You have proven track record of excellence as evidenced by high impact, peer reviewed publications
- You have at least 4+ years of experience in biotech/pharma
- You have experience with cell line profiling, pathway signaling, understanding of genomic drivers, assay development, and compound profiling
- You can thrive in a dynamic environment, are detail oriented, and are a problem-solver; a strong work ethic and high-level motivation are required
- You are a great communicator, able to share the impact of efforts and motivate others do great science
- You are eager to deepen your (and our) understanding of targets and the small molecule drug discovery process
About Relay Therapeutics
Relay Therapeutics is a clinical-stage precision medicines company transforming the drug discovery process with the goal of bringing life-changing therapies to patients. Built on unparalleled insights into protein motion and how this dynamic behavior relates to protein function, we aim to effectively drug protein targets that have previously been intractable, with an initial focus on enhancing small molecule therapeutic discovery in targeted oncology. Our Dynamo platform integrates an array of leading-edge experimental and computational approaches to provide a differentiated understanding of protein structure and motion to drug these targets. We have built a world-class team of leading experts from each of these disciplines, and they are driven by a deep collaboration at every step of our drug discovery process.
Our team is equal parts fearless and relentless, with a shared passion for working collaboratively in intellectually stimulating environments. If you’re excited by the challenge of putting protein motion at the heart of drug discovery and passionate about making a difference in the lives of patients, join us!
Company policy requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and all new hires must be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) by the time they start employment. By applying to this position, you are confirming that, if hired, you can satisfy this express condition of employment. The Company will make reasonable accommodations under applicable law for qualified individuals to enable them to perform the essential functions of the job, unless doing so would create an undue hardship for the Company.