Elastic is an open source search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co
The Observability team is in charge of developing solutions that focus on application developers and engineers that run infrastructure and services supporting these applications. Elasticsearch is an efficient datastore for logs, metrics, and application traces, supporting the three pillars of observability. The Observability team builds and maintains solutions that make getting insights from this data turnkey and efficient, such as our APM, Infrastructure Monitoring, Logs, and Uptime solutions. When developing these solutions, we think about the problem end-to-end: how do we automatically collect data from common data sources, how do we store it efficiently in Elasticsearch, how do we present this information to the user, what actions do we take on the insights from the data? All of these aspects are important in bringing a turnkey solution to the market.
About The Role
As the Tech Lead for Fleet in the Observability you will be working in the team focusing on the UIs and APIs in Kibana for integrations and agent management, in collaboration with the Team Lead and PM. The goal of this team is to build high quality, intuitive and innovative UIs and robust API to drive the Fleet experience. You lead by example and should participate in coding, debugging complex failure scenarios, and triaging bugs. You’ll analyze the current system, its strengths, and limitations.
You participate in roadmap and project planning efforts and will have ownership for delivering it.
The team is diverse and distributed across the world, and collaborates on a daily basis over GitHub, Zoom, and Slack.
Some of the things you'll work on
- Provide Technical Leadership for the Fleet Team
- Work with the Team to develop and evolve the Integrations, Agent Management UIs and APIs in Kibana.
- Be a contact point in Fleet other teams within Elastic. Examples include helping Support with difficult cases or consulting the Elastic Stack engineers with crafting new features.
- Be hands on with the codebase. Review work done by the team, and provide constructive feedback
- Help the team define coding practices and standards
- Collaborate with product design, server team, agent engineers, and the Kibana team.
What you will bring along
- Experience developing and reviewing sophisticated technical requirements, and translating them into actionable tasks for engineers
- Ability to communicate well with individuals and groups to accomplish a common set of goals
- Previous experience providing technical leadership for a team of engineers
- Previous experience in an ownership role for technical direction and strategy
- Previous experience working with stakeholders outside of Engineering
- You know and care about writing performant software and have traced and fixed performance issues yourself.
- 5+ years of front end development work
- Experience with one modern MVC style JS Framework
- Experience with React and Typescript
- Experience writing automated tests
- Ability to work independently
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.