We are building our design team and are looking for a Senior Product Designer to help lead the end-to-end design vision, strategy, and implementation. Reporting to the Head of Design, you will help drive the overall design and user experience of our products (including the core streaming platform and cloud SaaS areas), spearhead a user-centric approach, and help lead product strategy. You will be a foundational member of the design team, helping to guide the design team + vision, build processes, and drive strategy. This is an opportunity to work closely with product and engineering leadership and teams at a fast-growing, well-funded startup.
- Study user workflows and pain points, and design a world-class product experience to match
- Create design artifacts (flows, wireframes, prototypes, mockups) that help support new feature development and the overall user journey
- Plan and conduct strategic and usability research, with integration of user feedback into product enhancements and strategy
- Closely collaborate with product teams (including Engineering and Product Management) to ensure we ship a seamless and intuitive user experience
- 4+ years of experience in enterprise SaaS product/UX design
- A thoughtful, well-structured, iterative design thinking process, with deep empathy for user pain points and workflows
- Created world-class user flows and prototypes with industry standard tools (e.g. Figma)
- Collaborated with product managers and engineers for design of both end-to-end user journeys and focused feature development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to concisely explain rationale for design choices from a user’s perspective
- Comfortable working with a fast-moving 100% distributed engineering and product team
- A portfolio showcasing your design contributions to different projects
Please highlight if applicable to you:
- Design experience with enterprise infrastructure or developer tools products and their associated user personas or experience researching, understanding and designing for a highly complex user
- Hands on software development experience or education in a Computer Science related field
- Experience/exposure in conducting user research, highlighting insights that have driven product direction
U.S. base salary range for this role is $151,000 - $174,000 (CO, TX) and $178,000 - $205,000 (CA, NY). Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. As a remote-first company, we strive to consider each candidate's job-related skills, location, experience, relevant education or training to determine individual base salary. Your talent partner will share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Redpanda is used by Fortune 1000 enterprises pushing hundreds of terabytes a day, as well as by the solo dev prototyping a React application on her laptop. Think of it as a streaming data API platform that scales with you from the smallest projects to petabytes of data distributed across the globe.
Join Redpanda if you’d enjoy being part of a fast-moving, 100% remote organization with team members around the globe and a culture based on trust, transparency, communication, and kindness.