We are building our Finance team and are looking for a Controller to lead the Accounting function. Reporting to the VP of Finance, you will oversee the accounting operations for a global, remote first company. You will be a foundational member of the Finance team, to help guide org leaders and team, vision, build processes, and drive strategy. This is an opportunity to work closely with leadership and teams at a fast-growing, well-funded startup.
What you will be doing:
- Manage day-to-day accounting operations, including the general ledger, revenue recognition under ASC606, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, commissions, cash management, equity accounting and tax
- Own the financial close process and preparation of financial statements and supporting schedules to deliver accurate and timely results to the leadership team
- Attract, hire, and grow the accounting team as the company scales while managing an outsourced accounting firm. Be a hands-on leader and mentor for the team
- Identify gaps and implement improved accounting systems. Define and own the migration from Quickbooks to NetSuite within the first six months
- Build stage appropriate roadmap to implement and improve processes and controls to scale the accounting function; safeguard assets as well as monitor their consistent application
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local corporate income, payroll, and other applicable taxes and licenses
What we look for:
- 10+ years experience including controller level roles, preferably in SaaS
- Strong working knowledge of U.S. GAAP and ASC606; CPA preferred
- Experience leading in a rapid growth, startup environment, while also understanding and driving towards what’s needed to operate as a public company
- Desire to roll-up your sleeves, prioritize work, execute plans, and drive deliverables
- Ability to manage the deployment of new software/accounting systems
- Proven ability to hire, manage, and mentor high-performing teams
- Collaborative working style with colleagues across the organization while confident to make and own critical decisions
- Meticulous attention to detail, highly organized and transparent, and a strong communicator -- able to present finance information clearly and concisely
U.S. base salary range for this role is $170,000 - $200,000 (CO, TX) and $200,000 - $230,000 (CA, NY). Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. As a remote-first company, we strive to consider each candidate's job-related skills, location, experience, relevant education or training to determine individual base salary. Your talent partner will share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Redpanda is used by Fortune 1000 enterprises pushing hundreds of terabytes a day, as well as by the solo dev prototyping a React application on her laptop. Think of it as a streaming data API platform that scales with you from the smallest projects to petabytes of data distributed across the globe.
Join Redpanda if you’d enjoy being part of a fast-moving, 100% remote organization with team members around the globe and a culture based on trust, transparency, communication, and kindness.