Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. Our mission is to bring community, belonging, and empowerment to everyone in the world. Reddit users submit, vote, and comment on content, stories, and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, with over 100,000 active communities and over 70 million daily active users, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
The Infrastructure organization is looking to hire a backend software engineer to work collaboratively on a team dedicated to building out Reddit’s increasingly complex multi-cloud and multi-region service infrastructure. This is a high impact role where you will design, implement and run operations for one of the largest sites in the world. The Transport team’s mission is to provide interconnects to effectively run large distributed services at Reddit scale.
- Work collaboratively with a team of software engineers to create and maintain the foundational platform for running Reddit’s transport infrastructure.
- Design, write, and deliver software to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of Reddit’s products in Go and sometimes Python.
- Contribute feedback to the technical and strategic direction of the transport team, as well as their interactions with the rest of Infrastructure.
- Mentor junior engineers in their professional growth.
- Manage our CDN configuration as the entry point for all of our external customers.
- Own all the North/South software load balancers for all backend services.
- Work on all the areas of cross cluster/region traffic, including VPNs, regional interconnects, and load balancers in a Kubernetes environment.
- 5+ years of experience developing internet-scale software, preferably in infrastructure roles.
- Prior experience with cloud infrastructure systems is a plus (Kubernetes, AWS / GCE ecosystems).
- Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages; Python, Go, Rust, Java, C++.
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with a service-oriented team and company.
- A good working knowledge of HTTP and core network protocols is a big plus
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- 401k Matching
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation (please use them!) & Reddit Global Days Off
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off
This job posting may span more than one career level.
In addition to base salary, this job is eligible to receive equity in the form of restricted stock units, and depending on the position offered, it may also be eligible to receive a commission. Additionally, Reddit offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, and parental leave. To learn more, please visit https://www.redditinc.com/careers/.
To provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges for all US-based job postings regardless of state. We set standard base pay ranges for all roles based on function, level, and country location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including, skills, depth of work experience and relevant licenses/credentials, and may vary from the amounts listed below.
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.