Recurrency is a sales, pricing, and purchasing automation platform for distributors. Despite distribution being a multi-trillion dollar industry, the legacy enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems that exist to help distributors manage their purchasing, inventory, sales, order processing, and accounting are decades behind. For the most part, ERP systems are painfully slow, difficult-to-use, and soul-crushingly manual.
Recurrency’s goal is to reverse ERP stagnation by building a streamlined and intelligent ERP: blazingly fast and complete with powerful automation tools like dynamic pricing and demand forecasting. Using Recurrency can boost a distributor’s revenue and profit margins, while reducing waste and saving time. Most importantly, Recurrency is fully-integrated with the customer’s legacy system, so deploying Recurrency in production can be done in as little as one day.
Founded in Los Angeles and supporting a fully-remote team across the United States, Recurrency is a fast-growing and venture-backed team of talented technologists going all-in on building the next great platform company.
As a Data Scientist, you will leverage existing knowledge in Machine Learning and Big Data to build and deploy the models that drive key business insight for our customers. As one of the founding members of our team, you'll be engineering the next-generation data science features for the world-wide supply chain. Our team does it all - and you will be a core contributor - designing, testing, and deploying a system of bleeding edge Machine Learning models, preparing data and engineering features, tracking metrics, maintaining the health of our code, and continually growing as an engineer and researcher.
The ideal candidate is both forward-thinking and hands-on, has a strong sense of ownership and drive for delivery, and is a good mentor and co-worker. At Recurrency, we pride ourselves on the collaboration between Product, Design, and Engineering and so you have the opportunity to be involved in the entire product lifecycle, from ideation through building, deploying, and continual improvement and evolution.
What you will own
- Develop forecasting, recommendation, and pricing models to improve the quality of wholesale distribution systems.
- Feature engineering and data pipeline design.
- Metrics building and monitoring.
- Work with our Engineers and Product team to build and improve efficient data products.
What you will bring on Day 1
- MS or PhD in Data Science, Computer Science, Math or related field.
- 3+ years research experience in Machine Learning.
- 1+ years in a Data Science, Machine Learning or related role. Knowledge in forecasting, recommendation, or pricing is a plus.
- Fluency in Python and PyTorch.
- Previous experience with databases (Postgres or MongoDB) and Cloud technology stacks (AWS, Google Cloud, etc).
- Foundation in data structures, algorithms, and software design with strong analytical and debugging skills.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills with great problem solving abilities.
- A desire to be part of a diverse and growing team.
Recurrency aims to ensure a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming work environment.
Individuals seeking employment at Recurrency are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.