Recurrency is a sales, pricing, and purchasing automation platform for distributors. Despite distribution being a multi-trillion dollar industry, the legacy enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems that exist to help distributors manage their purchasing, inventory, sales, order processing, and accounting are decades behind. For the most part, ERP systems are painfully slow, difficult-to-use, and soul-crushingly manual.
Recurrency’s goal is to reverse ERP stagnation by building a streamlined and intelligent ERP: blazingly fast and complete with powerful automation tools like dynamic pricing and demand forecasting. Using Recurrency can boost a distributor’s revenue and profit margins, while reducing waste and saving time. Most importantly, Recurrency is fully-integrated with the customer’s legacy system, so deploying Recurrency in production can be done in as little as one day.
Founded in Los Angeles and supporting a fully-remote team across the United States, Recurrency is a fast-growing and venture-backed team of talented technologists going all-in on building the next great platform company.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will join the product team and report to the Head of Engineering to focus on building features in the backend using our node.js API backed by Postgres and running AWS ECS.
At Recurrency we ingest data from ERP systems and provide a common data layer to enable existing ERP workflows (creating a quote or an order to name a few). Our Frontend application is built in React. We currently focus on sales and purchasing workflows for our users.
You will provide support to our amazing frontend team by building new API endpoints, and also modifying existing ones. You will own the availability and scalability of this API.
What You'll Do
- Build product features end to end by working closely with our frontend engineers
- Build new APIs in Node.js and Typescript
- Build new database tables, views and functions using Postgres
- Write unit tests using Jest and Github actions
- Monitor and improve API and database performance
- You will own the resiliency and availability of our node.js API
- Build dashboards in our monitoring services, we use SumoLogic
- Manage deployment using Github actions and AWS / ECS Fargate
- In depth knowledge of of Node.js and Typescript
- Essential knowledge of NoSQL and SQL Databases. (We use MongoDB and Postgres)
- Ability to write clear and performing SQL code
- Foundation in data structures, algorithms, and software design with strong analytical and debugging skills
- Experience with AWS, ECS, RDS and Docker
- Excellent problem solving ability
- Ability to lead projects end to end, we go all in!
First 30 days:
- You will have written code that has landed in production
- You will have met the entire team
- You will feel comfortable explaining with our application
- Lead and develop API changes and new features end to end
- Write custom SQL queries and database scripts
- Explain our architecture and suggest improvements
- Lead projects (coordinating multiple stakeholders) and features end to end
- Solve complex data problems from our customers
- Help and mentor more junior engineers through code reviews and code examples
Recurrency aims to ensure a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming work environment.
Individuals seeking employment at Recurrency are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.