Artificial intelligence (AI) is transforming our world. It can perform cognitive functions that previously only humans could do, such as perceiving interactions across different environments with the ability to quickly learn and then solve complex problems. At Recogni we have innovative approaches to machine learning, high resolution imaging, perception processing, and high-performance computation with industry-leading low power efficiency. We're a well funded, fast-paced startup company with headquarters in San Jose, CA, and Munich, Germany; we also have many talented team members working remotely. We're at the leading edge of advancing the latest research and product improvements for Al inference solutions that will make Al even more useful for compelling new applications.
About the role:
We are seeking a Sr. Applications Engineer for Recogni. This position reports directly to our VP of Product.
As the Sr. Applications Engineer, you will play a critical role driving alignment across multiple customers to ensure timely successful execution of key corporate programs. You must be able to prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivery. You are able to handle business escalations with a data-driven approach to build trust within the organization and the customer.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Customer-facing, pre-sales and post-sales design-in and design-win support
- Technical program management to win design-in w automotive customers
- Evangelize Recogni products, and train automotive customers and partners
- Support prospective customers’ evaluation of Recogni products
- Provide remote and on-site design support to customers
- 4+ years of industry experience in engineering, product support, or applications engineering
- Knowledge of Embedded system design and PCB schematics
- Design-in and pre-sales experience - collateral development and delivery, status tracking, and escalation communication
- Strong communications skills to align stakeholders, manage internal and customer communications
- Ability to operate and deliver results with minimum supervision
- BSEE or MSEE or an engineering degree in a similar discipline
- 8+ years of industry experience in engineering, product support, or applications engineering
- Experience with Automotive, Machine Vision, or Imaging markets
- Knowledge of Machine Learning technologies and methodology
- Experience in system bring-up, debugging hardware, and firmware
- Automotive, IOT, or Embedded industry experience desired
Reasons to consider joining Recogni:
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; be part of shaping one of the most exciting new companies.
- Learning and development opportunities from a highly diverse and talented peer group, including experts in a wide range of fields, from Artificial Intelligence & Computer Vision to Systems & Device Engineering.
- Competitive benefits package including 401k, Medical+Dental+Vision+Life insurance, and Short+Long Term Disability coverage
- Perks including meals, snacks, drinks and us!
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment
- Employee Stock Plan
- Flexible work hours & generous PTO policy
Recogni's culture was built on the following values that are equally important to us as business:
- Put people first. We only succeed when our people succeed.
- Ethics and integrity always; Being open, honest, and respectful of everyone.
- Think Big. Be ambitious and have audacious goals.
- Aim for excellence. Quality and excellence count in everything we do.
- Own it and get it done. Results matter!
- Make Each Person Better together than they would be as an individual.
- Embrace each others’ differences.
- Embrace that there will be differences.
Recogni is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that a diverse team is better at tackling complex problems and coming up with innovative solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
A note to Recruitment Agencies: Please don’t reach out to Recogni employees or leaders about our roles -- we’ve got it covered. We don’t accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you for your understanding.