Our mission is to simplify real estate investment by connecting investors to high quality commercial real estate transactions. Real estate is the most popular asset class in the world, and probably the most fraught with peril for the individual investor. Individuals have extremely limited information and access beyond their own neighborhood. The ability to do due diligence is minimal, and it is complex to negotiate, purchase, manage, and liquidate.
RealtyMogul was created to make this asset class available. We allow our investors to buy portions of properties instead of entire ones or get exposure to multiple properties via third party funds or our proprietary REITs. We source the partners or investments ourselves, diligence them ourselves and walk every property that we offer up for investment.
We have been at it since 2013 and have backed more than 90 operating partners across the country in addition to building our own direct acquisitions team. We have learned what a great property that is well managed looks like. We leverage our experience to find the best deals, actively asset manage, and maximize our investors’ returns.
Today we are one of the largest, most recognizable brands in online real estate crowdfunding, with over $750 Million in capital invested into over $4 billion of real estate nationwide. We were recently named the #1 Commercial Real Estate Crowdfunding Platform by Motley Fool. We remain focused on building the best online experience to enable investment into highly vetted commercial real estate assets and to educate our growing user base about the many aspects of real estate investing, all through an online, scalable platform.
About Your Role:
RealtyMogul is seeking an exceptional Software Development Engineer with a specialization in Data Architecture and ETL to join our engineering team. Your role will be to be a key contributor to the design and development of our data architecture of the RealtyMogul platform. This is a critical role to help successfully scale RealtyMogul as the leading online real estate investment platform. You will work closely with the CTO and the Platform Architect in this role.
This is a remote role, we are based in Los Angeles, CA and our working hours are Pacific Time. Prefer location in Mountain or Pacific Time Zone.
This role requires you to be authorized to work in the United States.
What You'll Do:
- Design, develop, and maintain a new data architecture that supports RealtyMogul future platform.
- Design, develop, and maintain a new data ingestion platform for integration of multiple data sources into the RealtyMogul platform, including input into our APIs for abstraction.
- Identify appropriate data storage technology and methodology (Data Lakes, SQL, NoSQL, Hadoop, RedShift, Aurora, etc) based on data type of usage.
- Maintain and enhance the performance of existing data management programs.
- Assist development teams in designing new data management programs that meet the organization's data storage needs.
- Design and build appropriate monitoring capabilities for databases and related systems to ensure optimized performance.
- Assist in debugging procedures on database scripts and programs, as well as resolving conflicts.
- Mentoring Software Development Engineers for data operations and provide them with technical support.
- Adhere to best practices in securely storing, backing up, and archiving data.
- Document processes related to database design, configuration, and performance.
- Stay abreast of developments and best practices in database engineering.
- Collaborate with the product, marketing and Senior Management teams as needed
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's degree in information systems, information technology, computer science, or similar.
- A minimum of 4 years experience in database engineering and architecture.
- You have experience working with AWS services like ECS, Lambda, S3, RDS, RedShift, DynamoDB, SQS, SNS, and Cognito
- In-depth knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL).
- Extensive experience with database technologies and architecture.
- Sound knowledge of best practices in database engineering and data security.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Exceptional problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills.