Our mission is to simplify real estate investment by connecting investors to high quality commercial real estate transactions. Real estate is the most popular asset class in the world, and probably the most fraught with peril for the individual investor. Individuals have extremely limited information and access beyond their own neighborhood. The ability to do due diligence is minimal, and it is complex to negotiate, purchase, manage, and liquidate.
RealtyMogul was created to make this asset class available. We allow our investors to buy portions of properties instead of entire ones or get exposure to multiple properties via third party funds or our proprietary REITs. We source the partners or investments ourselves, diligence them ourselves and walk every property that we offer up for investment.
We have been at it since 2013 and have backed more than 90 operating partners across the country in addition to building our own direct acquisitions team. We have learned what a great property that is well managed looks like. We leverage our experience to find the best deals, actively asset manage, and maximize our investors’ returns.
Today we are one of the largest, most recognizable brands in online real estate crowdfunding, with over $750 Million in capital invested into over $4 billion of real estate nationwide. We were recently named the #1 Commercial Real Estate Crowdfunding Platform by Motley Fool. We remain focused on building the best online experience to enable investment into highly vetted commercial real estate assets and to educate our growing user base about the many aspects of real estate investing, all through an online, scalable platform.
About Your Role:
RealtyMogul is seeking an exceptional Senior Software Development Engineer to join our engineering team. Your role will be to drive development of a key set of capabilities, to build, maintain, and improve the RealtyMogul platform. You will also be part of a team of Senior Engineers that will define how our platform is built and help to drive and validate architectural decisions. This is a critical role to help successfully scale RealtyMogul as the leading online real estate investment platform available today.
This is a remote role, we are based in Los Angeles, CA and our working hours are Pacific Time.
This role requires you to be authorized to work in the United States.
What You'll Do:
- Lead development of a selection of services on the RealtyMogul platform
- Work with an Architect to define a service interaction model appropriate for our platform
- Collaborate with the other senior engineers to coordinate cross-team development work
- Serve as the lead engineer for your domain of the platform
- Individually contribute to the development, maintenance, and expansion of new features and functionality for the RealtyMogul platform
- Be able to write clean and concise code
- Build in test coverage for all development projects you are responsible for
- Help define coding standards and perform code reviews to maintain a high-quality codebase
- Be a core member of our growing dev team and help identify continuous improvements to our process
- Work with other members of the senior engineering team to implement platform-wide strategy
- Help define technical solutions that allow for a blend of functionality, usability, stability and maintainability in a highly secure way
- Collaborate with the product, marketing and Senior Management teams as needed
- Mentor more junior engineers
Who You Are:
- You have 3-5 years of experience developing software using Python and Java
- You have 3-5 years of experience writing and maintaining application code in a mixed microservice architecture incorporating internal developments with external SaaS solutions
- You have experience working with event driven application architectures
- You have experience working with AWS services like API Gateway, ECS, Lambda, S3, RDS, SQS, SNS, and Cognito
- You have experience with serverless systems development
- You have experience managing and deploying containerized solutions and local devOps environments
- You are able to write unit, integration, functional, and regression tests for your code
- You are able to review team members’ code and provide insightful feedback
- Experience migrating legacy applications to microservices based architecture a plus
- Experience with React a plus
- You are a self-starter requiring little direct supervision who can have a huge impact
- You are a mentor and a quick study