At quip, we design and deliver delightful products and services that keep your mouth healthy.
As the Packaging and Retail Project Manager on the Brand Design team, you will report to the Creative Operations Manager and support the Packaging & Retail Design team. You will be an advocate for the creative team, responsible for reviewing and managing packaging and retail creative requests, creating and managing timelines, team workload allocation and planning, as well as managing communications across cross-functional teams and vendors.
The ideal candidate would have a print production background with experience in point of sale retail, packaging, out of home display, and print marketing collateral. The candidate should also have a proven track record of delivering projects on-time and on budget in a fast paced deadline driven environment. Is organized, detail oriented, and has experience supporting and managing in-house creative departments as well as working with external vendors.
- Review and manage creative requests made by marketing and packaging teams
- Support retail, packaging, and display projects along with the team members working on them
- Act as a liaison between internal teams to obtain missing information and materials that the brand design team needs to work on requests
- Verify information is accurate on design briefs, layouts, and specifications received
- Partner with cross-functional including but not limited to Hardware, Operations, Retail and Marketing partners in all projects that require creative support and make sure creative timelines and workload are taken into account
- Collaborate with project managers across multiple departments to balance creative resources, prioritize work, and adjust timelines as needed
- Collaborate with Operations and Planning & Distribution teams to plan for new packaging roll-outs and EOL production timelines
- Attend technical review of projects via pre-pro meetings in consultation with the internal team and print supplier
- Manage the packaging and artwork sampling process with overseas suppliers and well as sales samples through domestic printing facilities
- Confirm dielines, copy, packaging specs and reference materials to complete design
- Check all files to ensure design has been executed to the brief prior to releasing artwork for approval
- Participate in meetings to review completed packaging projects
- Be the go-to person and master of all retail and packaging projects by tracking and communicating project status
- Communicate updates internally and manage feedback loops and the approval process with cross-functional teams, including legal and leadership sign-offs in a timely fashion
- Assist in identifying areas of improvement to the design process, and work with senior management to implement solutions
- Audit folder structure and archive projects upon completion
- Responsibility distribution:
- 80% - Managing retail and packaging projects
- 10% - Assisting in digital marketing requests
- 10% - Assisting with digital asset management
- 5+ years proven experience in a print production / packaging management / project management role
- Highly communicative and flexible. Organized and can prioritize in a fast paced environment
- Proactive in asking questions, gathering information, and managing approvals for all deliverables, including ongoing packaging updates and new product launches
- Strategic thinker, but also willing to work hands on managing several work streams
- Strong understanding of packaging design requirements
- Strong understanding of digital asset management systems and process
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to multi-task multiple workflows, track new requests and changes, and consolidate feedback from cross-department stakeholders in a high-pressure environment
- Negotiate prioritizes with stakeholders to deliver quality, on-brief work
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Proven team player
- Post secondary university or college degree, preferably in graphics communication management and/or design or similar
- Estimating, medical packaging, or food packaging experience is a bonus
- You'll be working in a high energy, fast-paced environment helping us make oral care simple and effective!
- An office located in the heart of DUMBO with breathtaking views of Manhattan Bridge (the role is currently remote in response to the COVID-19 pandemic)
- Fully covered health insurance (with an option to opt into a premium internal dental program)
- Commuter benefits for parking & transit
- Offer competitive paid parental leave policy for qualifying employees
- Flexible work from home options
- Open vacation policy
- Dog-friendly office space
- 401k Contribution
- Extended Education Assistance
- Employee Referral Program
- Competitive compensation package with stock options at a high-growth startup
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks (make sure to use your quip after snacking!)
- Your very own quip with an unlimited subscription plan
- The opportunity to help us make oral care more simple, effective and accessible!
Most of us aren’t brushing our teeth correctly, either because we don’t know how to do it right, or because we just don’t feel like it. At quip, we design delightful products and experiences to help you care for your mouth better. Our initial product is a beautifully simple electric toothbrush and toothpaste that was featured by Time Magazine as one of the 25 Best Inventions of 2016. With refill brush heads and toothpaste arriving on a 3-monthly schedule. We pride ourselves on great design and our brand values of simplicity, honesty and accessibility, which are applied throughout our community. We are excited to apply these principles to the acceleration of our digital patient-professional advice and services platform.
quip is committed to promoting equality, inclusion, and diversity beyond your brushing routine. We believe our company is better equipped to care for every mouth when we listen to fresh perspectives from every voice, and in doing so, we build an equal-opportunity team of the brightest minds (and mouths)—regardless of race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, identity, or any other trait that makes you you. By celebrating and supporting our differences, we will thrive in our mission to improve oral health for all.