At quip, we design and deliver delightful and effective ways to keep your mouth healthy, from the personal care products that help you at home every day, to the professional care services you require at least twice a year.
We are looking for a dynamic and results-driven Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Associate to join our Talent team and help us create a strong culture of belonging — one that fosters an equitable, diverse and inclusive environment for every mouth to thrive and be their authentic selves.
The ideal candidate will develop, foster and support strategic initiatives and programs focused on the recruitment, development, advancement and retention of diverse talent. The DEI Associate will also provide thought-leadership, guidance and consultation to People partners, managers, and employees at quip.
By joining us you will find that we can make a strong impact on DEI at quip and work alongside a team of talent specialists & hiring teams who make equality a mission in their personal and professional lives.
This role will report into the Manager, Talent.
- Develop and implement a diversity strategy in partnership with key stakeholders to support efforts in identifying hiring and retaining diverse talent
- Provide research and market analysis to support the talent team and hiring teams on way to enhance and further develop a recruiting strategy for underrepresented talent
- Measure outcome of DEI strategy to ensure we are delivering on our commitment to DEI
- Support the recruitment process for key roles in the organization
- Research and recommend various diversity recruitment platforms for proactive outreach and sourcing candidates
- Use data to make informed decisions on diversity recruitment and sourcing strategies
- Research emerging trends, external programs & other innovative DEI strategies to help further evolve the People team DEI strategy
- Participate in internal and external DEI programs including but not limited to quip’s internal DEI Committee
- Establish relationships with hiring teams, understanding business needs & collaborating with them on DEI recruitment efforts
- 4+ years of demonstrated experience implementing and driving a DEI strategy across an organization
- Knowledge of current best practices and trends in DEI programs
- Proven track record in successfully applying core concepts, current best practices, strategies and tools to develop and implement solutions
- Bachelor's degree required
- Experience working in a start up and/or fast-paced environment
- In-house experience is preferred
- Remarkable organizational skills and relentless drive to improve efficiency
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High personal integrity
- Knowledgeable in various recruiting platforms and e-recruitment tools
- Ability to influence and interact with all levels of the organization
- Strong teamwork and ability to welcome differences when working alongside others
- A true passion and purpose for DEI
- You'll be working in a high energy, fast-paced environment helping us make oral care simple and effective!
- An office located in the heart of DUMBO with breathtaking views of Manhattan Bridge (the office is currently remote in response to COVID-19)
- Competitive health insurance (with an option to opt into a premium internal dental program)
- Commuter benefits for parking & transit
- Offer competitive paid parental leave policy for qualifying employees
- Flexible work from home options
- Open vacation policy
- Dog-friendly office space
- 401k Offered through MassMutual
- Extended Education Assistance
- Employee Referral Program
- Competitive compensation package with stock options at a high-growth startup
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks (make sure to use your quip after snacking!)
- Generous employee discount on all quip products
- The opportunity to help us make oral care more simple, effective and accessible!
Most of us aren’t brushing our teeth correctly, either because we don’t know how to do it right, or because we just don’t feel like it. At quip, we design delightful products and experiences to help you care for your mouth better. Our initial product is a beautifully simple electric toothbrush and toothpaste that was featured by Time Magazine as one of the 25 Best Inventions of 2016. With refill brush heads and toothpaste arriving on a 3-monthly schedule. We pride ourselves on great design and our brand values of simplicity, honesty, and accessibility, which are applied throughout our community. We are excited to apply these principles to the acceleration of our digital patient-professional advice and services platform.
quip is committed to promoting equality, inclusion, and diversity beyond your brushing routine. We believe our company is better equipped to care for every mouth when we listen to fresh perspectives from every voice, and in doing so, we build an equal-opportunity team of the brightest minds (and mouths)—regardless of race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, identity, or any other trait that makes you you. By celebrating and supporting our differences, we will thrive in our mission to improve oral health for all.