At quip, we design and deliver delightful products and services that keep your mouth healthy.
Over the past five years, we’ve built a community of millions of quip members through our personal oral care line across eCommerce and national retailers. As we continue to expand our product offerings we are looking for a Project Manager to join our Hardware Development team. In this role you will be responsible for delivering new development projects for Hardware and Consumables from bluesky idea through to manufacturing.
As a Hardware Development Project Manager, you have experience mobilizing cross-functional teams to align stakeholders around strategic direction and execute, and deliver on a vision for a product. quip’s Hardware Development team prides itself on creative problem solving that bucks most ordinary practice. When we envision a product with unparalleled user experience, it requires a rigor of method, a depth of intelligence, and a penchant for delight not found in everyday products. If you’re ridiculously passionate about good design, we want to talk.
- Manage product development for hardware, consumables from early idea through to mass production.
- Clearly articulate objectives within the Hardware group while coordinating externally with marketing, creative, operations, and other teams.
- Understand overall company performance/priorities and translate them into the day to day rigor of hardware development.
- Innovate on processes to optimize project communication & product development that keep design and engineering feedback loops lightning fast.
- Develop and manage positive working relationships with cross-functional teams; marketing, retail, creative, finance, operations, digital product and customer experience.
- Understand hardware product roadmaps and help ensure that new product initiatives meet long-term strategic goals.
- Drive alignment around product definition and establish clear product requirements to help guide internal and external teams during development of a new product.
- Drive multiple projects forward at different development stages by::
- Managing day to day internal and external meetings, tasks, and actions
- Creating and maintaining project schedules
- Coordinating regularly with external stakeholders and manufacturing partners to maintain alignment on schedule and outcomes
- Tracking and actively managing risks and issues
- Establishing clear scope of work for each project and with each supplier
- Facilitating meetings to perform DFMEA/FMEA and help draw up manufacturing test specifications
- Tracking regulatory and legal requirements and making sure they are met in a timely fashion
- Managing DFM process and tooling kick-off with suppliers
- Planning and executing on early prototype builds as well as larger-scale engineering and design verification builds (EVT & DVT) both domestically and overseas.
- Managing smooth project handover to quips Operations team for PVT
- Creating documentation and coordinate meetings for phase gate reviews, managing both entry and exit criteria.
- Helping to generate requirements documentation, communicate them to the appropriate teams, and ensure timely cross-functional execution.
- Establishing, tracking and reporting on project budget and financial health.
- Managing expense approvals, PO’s and invoices with suppliers.
- Managing COGs to inform pricing discussions.
- 3+ years of direct experience in hardware project management and development experience of designing, developing, and shipping physical products
- Experience working with outsourced design and manufacturers overseas
- Highly skilled in project scheduling, planning, and tracking
- Experience with cost estimating and managing budgets
- Experience with risk management and mitigation
- Demonstrate the ability to iterate product reliability and manufacturability requirements based on data, analytics, and strategy
- Capable of balancing team member and business needs while remaining flexible in a fast-changing startup environment
- Experienced measuring the effectiveness of the systems that you manage
- Speak Mandarin or Cantonese
- Experience with user testing as a development tool to help define product feature sets
- A deep fondness for whiteboards and dry erase markers
- Experience in health or oral care space
- You'll be working in a high energy, fast-paced environment helping us make oral care simple and effective!
- An office located in the heart of DUMBO with breathtaking views of Manhattan Bridge (The office is currently remote in response to Covid-19)
- Full health insurance and dental coverage options
- Commuter benefits for parking & transit
- Offer competitive paid parental leave policy for qualifying employees
- Open vacation policy
- Dog-friendly office space
- 401k Offered through MassMutual
- Extended Education Assistance
- Employee Referral Program
- Competitive compensation package with stock options at a high-growth startup
- Generous employee discount on all quip products
- The opportunity to help us make oral care more simple, effective and accessible!
Most of us aren’t brushing our teeth correctly, either because we don’t know how to do it right, or because we just don’t feel like it. At quip, we design delightful products and experiences to help you care for your mouth better. Our initial product is a beautifully simple electric toothbrush and toothpaste that was featured by Time Magazine as one of the 25 Best Inventions of 2016. With refill brush heads and toothpaste arriving on a 3-monthly schedule. We pride ourselves on great design and our brand values of simplicity, honesty, and accessibility, which are applied throughout our community. We are excited to apply these principles to the acceleration of our digital patient-professional advice and services platform.
quip is committed to promoting equality, inclusion, and diversity beyond your brushing routine. We believe our company is better equipped to care for every mouth when we listen to fresh perspectives from every voice, and in doing so, we build an equal-opportunity team of the brightest minds (and mouths)—regardless of race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, identity, or any other trait that makes you you. By celebrating and supporting our differences, we will thrive in our mission to improve oral health for all.