At quip, we design and deliver delightful and effective ways to keep your mouth healthy, from the daily care products that help you at home every day, to the professional care services you require at least twice a year.
Over the past five years, we have grown a large digital platform and community of millions of active consumer-members and tens of thousands of dental professional members through our direct to consumer channels. At the end of 2018 we launched nationwide in retail which has helped to further accelerate our growth and brand awareness across the United States. In 2021, we are looking to continue to expand into more households and release more products and services to make oral care from your daily routine to the dental chair more simple, accessible, and enjoyable to everyone.
The Senior Manager, Strategic Initiatives will play a central role in overseeing the development, operationalization, prioritization and tracking of key cross-company go to market launches & initiatives in close step with the CEO, leadership and departmental stakeholders
As part of this, they will also partner with the CEO and Business Development teams (among others) to help explore, scope, manage and pilot new opportunity areas, channels and partnerships.
They will work closely with leadership to monitor how teams are working cross departmentally in pursuit of the strategic initiatives and help ensure, platforms, processes and tools are in place to work effectively, collaboratively & with a focus on key objectives.
The right candidate is adaptable, creative, and self starting as many projects will require quick learning, communication, and at times the need to fill operational gaps.
- Program manage strategic cross-company programs by leading and facilitating communication, launching work-streams and coordinating with executive partners across the company to move projects forward and meet goals
- Oversee “OKR” tracking for selection of key strategic GTM / Cross departmental initiatives in partnership with the leadership team.
- Manage post mortems on go to markets. Test and learn and keep a constant feedback loop of what processes are working and iterate for improvement
- Provide ad-hoc support on projects small to large; this could include research, internal initiatives, new expansion explorations, and more. Step in where help is most needed.
- Create structure and focus for broad, ambiguous ideas that the executive team is exploring and bring forth recommendations for action in a timely manner
- Develop operational plans and coordinate daily activities of strategic initiatives for the CEO and executive partners
- Establish clear and measurable KPIs for growth and success of strategic initiatives, report on progress to the leadership team at appropriate cadence
- Construct executive level presentations to help in decision making process on key initiatives
- Where applicable, manage vendor relationships to support key initiatives areas
- 6+ years of experience in program management ideally with a background in management consulting, operations, strategy, consulting or an equivalent field.
- Experience working directly with the company leadership teams
- Experience developing executive presentations, documents, etc. with advanced level MS PowerPoint, Excel, and Word skills (or equivalent)
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to work seamlessly with a variety of personalities and functional disciplines. Ability to build relationships with cross-functional colleagues
- Proven ability to track, prioritize, and drive multiple concurrent projects to success. This position is expected to utilize data and metrics to communicate needs with the ease of a business unit owner
- Entrepreneurial, with a high tolerance for ambiguity and complexity, and efficient with limited resources
- BA/BS degree. Master’s degree and healthcare experience preferred
- You'll be working in a high energy, fast-paced environment helping us make oral care simple and effective!
- An office located in the heart of DUMBO with breathtaking views of Manhattan Bridge
- Competitive health insurance (with an option to opt into a premium internal dental program)
- Commuter benefits for parking & transit
- Offer competitive paid parental leave policy for qualifying employees
- Flexible work from home options
- Open vacation policy
- Dog-friendly office space
- 401k Contribution
- Extended Education Assistance
- Employee Referral Program
- Competitive compensation package with stock options at a high-growth startup
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks (make sure to use your quip after snacking!)
- Generous employee discount on all quip products
- The opportunity to help us make oral care more simple, effective and accessible!
Most of us aren’t brushing our teeth correctly, either because we don’t know how to do it right, or because we just don’t feel like it. At quip, we design delightful products and experiences to help you care for your mouth better. Our initial product is a beautifully simple electric toothbrush and toothpaste that was featured by Time Magazine as one of the 25 Best Inventions of 2016. With refill brush heads and toothpaste arriving on a 3-monthly schedule. We pride ourselves on great design and our brand values of simplicity, honesty and accessibility, which are applied throughout our community. We are excited to apply these principles to the acceleration of our digital patient-professional advice and services platform.
quip is committed to promoting equality, inclusion, and diversity beyond your brushing routine. We believe our company is better equipped to care for every mouth when we listen to fresh perspectives from every voice, and in doing so, we build an equal-opportunity team of the brightest minds (and mouths)—regardless of race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, identity, or any other trait that makes you you. By celebrating and supporting our differences, we will thrive in our mission to improve oral health for all.