At quip, we design and deliver delightful products and services that keep your mouth healthy.
As the Manager, Demand Planning, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining quip’s short and long term forecasts, analyzing the data from both a SKU level and an aggregate channel level. This individual will lead every aspect of the S&OP process, driving improvements to forecast accuracy and communicating results cross functionally.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of developing statistical models that improve forecast accuracy, intimate knowledge of retailers supply chain, expertise in building complex models, and excellent presentation skills. You have an understanding of both how to harness complex systems to analyze data and how to zoom out to provide context to senior leadership. This candidate should have a unique combination of data analysis and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Lead weekly Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) cross functional meetings
- Develop historical sales trends and statistical forecasting models to improve forecast accuracy, collaborating with internal and external partners to improve data inputs
- Analyze, improve, and report demand forecast accuracy; effectively determine sources of error and implement appropriate improvement plans
- Weekly reporting of retail and wholesale metrics including retail POS, OOS %, ST%, WOS, inventories (marketplace + DC), wholesale revenue/margin, among others
- Ensure that the translation of demand into the supply-planning process works seamlessly. In the event of supply constraints, work with Supply Planning, Marketing & Sales stakeholders to shape demand and optimize business performance
- Own and communicate changes to the detailed rolling 18 month SKU level forecasts across Ecommerce, Retail, Dental and Subscription channels provided to finance weekly
- Perform rough-cut capacity planning to balance product specific requirements, demand projections and manufacturing capabilities
- Partner with each channel leader to understand trends within each sales channel
- Oversee our planning system, Anaplan, improving data flow and leading process improvement initiatives
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Engineering or a related field. Advanced degree preferred.
- 5+ years experience in demand planning or financial modeling
- Experience developing cross-functional strategies and new ways of planning to drive growth
- An ability to balance quantitative and qualitative inputs to drive fact-based decisions under high uncertainty in dynamic business conditions
- Experience working with major retailers required
- Exceptional Excel skills required
- SQL experience / Looker and BI experience a plus
- ERP or planning system experience required, Anaplan experience preferred, system implementation experience a plus
- Meticulous individual who is comfortable with complex data management
- Startup experience preferred
- Effective prioritization skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Possess strong quantitative and problem-solving skills, innovative thinking and vision
- You'll be working in a high energy, fast-paced environment helping us make oral care simple and effective!
- An office located in the heart of DUMBO with breathtaking views of Manhattan Bridge
- WiFi enabled rooftop
- Competitive medical benefit package (with an option to opt into a premium internal dental program)
- Commuter benefits for parking & transit
- Offer competitive paid parental leave policy for qualifying employees
- Flexible work from home options
- Open vacation policy
- Dog-friendly office space
- 401k Contribution
- Competitive compensation package
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks (make sure to use your quip after snacking!)
- Your very own quip with employee discount packages
- The opportunity to help us make oral care more simple, effective and accessible!
Most of us aren’t brushing our teeth correctly, either because we don’t know how to do it right, or because we just don’t feel like it. At quip, we design delightful products and experiences to help you care for your mouth better. Our initial product is a beautifully simple electric toothbrush and toothpaste that was featured by Time Magazine as one of the 25 Best Inventions of 2016. With refill brush heads and toothpaste arriving on a 3-monthly schedule. We pride ourselves on great design and our brand values of simplicity, honesty, and accessibility, which are applied throughout our community. We are excited to apply these principles to the acceleration of our digital patient-professional advice and services platform.
quip is committed to promoting equality, inclusion, and diversity beyond your brushing routine. We believe our company is better equipped to care for every mouth when we listen to fresh perspectives from every voice, and in doing so, we build an equal-opportunity team of the brightest minds (and mouths)—regardless of race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, identity, or any other trait that makes you you. By celebrating and supporting our differences, we will thrive in our mission to improve oral health for all.