At quip, we design and deliver delightful products and services that keep your mouth healthy. We are looking for an exceptionally thoughtful, curious, and data focused growth director. This role will lead growth efforts via acquisition and lifecycle campaigns.
The ideal candidate will have a knack for understanding the customer lifecycle, constructing smart tests, iterating on ideas, and optimizing paid media and owned channels to grow the quip subscriber base. They will have the ability to manage and conduct agency relationships along with the vision for understanding how to best resource for opportunities within e-commerce, media, and the customer experience is key.
This candidate will have a thorough understanding of lifecycle marketing; making the most of every web session, email capture, and impression is crucial. Accessibility is a core value of quip, as such our site, advertising and lifecycle management must account for a multitude of customer segments and work to improve and personalize what it means to be a quip customer. Being able to identify opportunities to improve at each step of the way is critical to success in this role.
The ideal candidate will have experience reporting on advertising and marketing campaigns across channels and strategies, including via owned channels and retailer/distributors. Exposure to the mechanics of out of home, digital, print, TV, and display media buying is required, experience managing multi-million dollar ad campaign budgets, and a strong ability to build funnels, drips and other lifecycle campaigns should be a core strength. This role will be responsible for vetting vendors and tools to add to our marketing stack, and they will be confident in their experience organizing systems to sustain and support growth and retention KPIs.
- Responsible for all quip email, push and SMS communications, build a team to make the most of our lifecycle marketing
- Iterate and improve on quip rewards, reviews, and referral programs
- Construct and maintain a testing calendar for active channels
- Manage a team of growth marketing analysts
- Optimize core and proven marketing channels and test new ones with a dedicated test budget
- Collaborate with the Marketing Strategy team to share out media plans, targeting strategies, and placement requirements
- Consistently monitor the martech landscape and implement best practices and new tools to better our performance
- Develop and maintain key performance metric reports in Looker that track the efficacy of implemented strategies
- Manage and aggregate channel level reporting to help build an integrated view of our acquisition landscape, and advertising effectiveness
- Work with the broader marketing, business development and data teams to make informed decisions about attribution and to identify high value cohorts or partnerships
- Be a key voice in growth leadership sessions and identification of long term growth opportunities and strategy
- Leverage data from multiple sources to evaluate LTV’s from various demographics and channels
- 7+ years of relevant experience
- 4-6 years of lifecycle marketing, growth or retention planning and strategy experience required
- 1-2 years of media buying or planning experience
- Experienced working with a large and complex customer base
- Experience in an e-commerce or DNVB business, ideally an omnichannel one
- Customer-centric mindset and the ability to understand quip’s target consumer
- Robust analytical skills and a desire to use data in creative ways to drive and measure results
- Strong project management, attention to detail, and a no-task-too-small mentality
- Ideally, hold a bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering, IS, or related field
- Bonus: B2B and B2C experience
- Bonus: Running campaigns across multiple territories/countries
- Bonus: Strong understanding of offline advertising and media effectiveness and measurement
- You'll be working in a high energy, fast-paced environment helping us make oral care simple and effective!
- An office located in the heart of DUMBO with breathtaking views of Manhattan Bridge
- WiFi enabled rooftop
- Competitive medical benefit package (with an option to opt into a premium internal dental program)
- Commuter benefits for parking & transit
- Offer competitive paid parental leave policy for qualifying employees
- Flexible work from home options
- Open vacation policy
- Dog-friendly office space
- 401k Contribution
- Competitive compensation package
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks (make sure to use your quip after snacking!)
- Your very own quip with employee discount packages
- The opportunity to help us make oral care more simple, effective and accessible!
Most of us aren’t brushing our teeth correctly, either because we don’t know how to do it right, or because we just don’t feel like it. At quip, we design delightful products and experiences to help you care for your mouth better. Our initial product is a beautifully simple electric toothbrush and toothpaste that was featured by Time Magazine as one of the 25 Best Inventions of 2016. With refill brush heads and toothpaste arriving on a 3-monthly schedule. We pride ourselves on great design and our brand values of simplicity, honesty, and accessibility, which are applied throughout our community. We are excited to apply these principles to the acceleration of our digital patient-professional advice and services platform.
quip is committed to promoting equality, inclusion, and diversity beyond your brushing routine. We believe our company is better equipped to care for every mouth when we listen to fresh perspectives from every voice, and in doing so, we build an equal-opportunity team of the brightest minds (and mouths)—regardless of race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, identity, or any other trait that makes you you. By celebrating and supporting our differences, we will thrive in our mission to improve oral health for all.