We are looking for a creative, analytical, and collaborative doer to join our fast-growing team. The Director will partner with Product, Marketing and Growth teams to provide market insights, analysis, and recommendations that drive a more efficient and robust marketing communications strategy. This individual will be responsible for owning the stakeholder relationship, building and executing strategic research plans. You will report to the SVP of Marketing and will be a leader in the broader marketing organization.
You are hands-on and like to go deep into business challenges, have a creative, out-of-the-box beginner's mind approach to research and analytical design, and a proven ability to act as a trusted advisor to a multi-disciplinary marketing team aspiring to do the best work of their careers. You are passionate about the stories found in the data and delivering insights that propel business momentum.
- Work with internal partners to assess business needs and transform them into meaningful research and research plans
- Provide strategic recommendations to team members so they can execute more effectively
- Lead consumer insight development to ensure insights are translated into actionable product innovation pipeline development
- Partner with cross-functional teams to define business questions and research plans informing CRM, social media, paid media, mobile app, and channel strategies and communications
- Research will focus on provider and consumer segments, marketing communications strategies, channels, media, and advertising messaging, concept and creative testing, and media effectiveness
- Maintain detailed knowledge and understanding of consumer and customer needs, competitors and oral care industry trends
- Utilizing visualizations and presentations to deliver insights to stakeholders and teams involved
- Ensure data integrity by leveraging proven methodologies, including data reconciliation, data integration, and data audits
- Provide analytical expertise and support of business development and strategic initiatives aimed at revenue growth, new product development, and market expansion
- Ensure company strategic thinkers and directors have access to and understand all research and insights
- Degree in Market Research, Marketing, Communications, Business Administration or a related field
- Graduate degree strongly preferred
- 8+ years of experience in market research, market or consumer insights and analysis or related experience
- A proven track record of converting data into actionable insights that drive marketing strategy
- Experience working for a marketing research agency, brand strategy consultancy, advertising agency, or client-side experience in a market insights/analytics function is a plus
- Excellent executive stakeholder management and communications skills
- Qualitative & Quantitative research from ideation to impact
- Healthcare, oral care or CPG experience preferred
- Experience in oral care or related fields
- Advanced qualifications/experience in marketing strategy
- You'll be working in a high energy, fast-paced environment helping us make oral care simple and effective!
- An office located in the heart of DUMBO with breathtaking views of Manhattan Bridge
- Fully covered health insurance (with an option to opt into a premium internal dental program)
- Commuter benefits for parking & transit
- Offer competitive paid parental leave policy for qualifying employees
- Flexible work from home options
- Open vacation policy
- Dog-friendly office space
- 401k Contribution
- Extended Education Assistance
- Employee Referral Program
- Competitive compensation package with stock options at a high-growth startup
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks (make sure to use your quip after snacking!)
- Generous employee discount on all quip products
- The opportunity to help us make oral care more simple, effective and accessible!
Most of us aren’t brushing our teeth correctly, either because we don’t know how to do it right, or because we just don’t feel like it. At quip, we design delightful products and experiences to help you care for your mouth better. Our initial product is a beautifully simple electric toothbrush and toothpaste that was featured by Time Magazine as one of the 25 Best Inventions of 2016. With refill brush heads and toothpaste arriving on a 3-monthly schedule. We pride ourselves on great design and our brand values of simplicity, honesty and accessibility, which are applied throughout our community. We are excited to apply these principles to the acceleration of our digital patient-professional advice and services platform.
quip is committed to promoting equality, inclusion, and diversity beyond your brushing routine. We believe our company is better equipped to care for every mouth when we listen to fresh perspectives from every voice, and in doing so, we build an equal-opportunity team of the brightest minds (and mouths)—regardless of race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, identity, or any other trait that makes you you. By celebrating and supporting our differences, we will thrive in our mission to improve oral health for all.