At quip, we design and deliver delightful and effective ways to keep your mouth healthy, from the daily care products that help you at home every day, to the professional care services you require at least twice a year.
We are looking for an experienced leader to join our team as the GM, Care Services & Networks. This candidate will be building and scaling our proprietary plans and service offerings, our general care coordination services and a range of partnership opportunities that are all designed to help preventative oral care become top of mind for patients.
The ideal candidate will manage the care services business unit within quip, where they will bring together and mobilize teams from across the organization to launch and operate care initiatives. This role will work closely with the CEO as well as the Provider, Dental Team (clinical), Digital Product Team, Creative Team, and Marketing Team. Our care strategy will integrate closely with quip’s other business units consisting of our physical product line, and personalized content & advice division. This person will drive business outcomes and strategy as we seek to provide quality preventative care, seamless member experiences, and predictable and transparent interactions and transactions between provider and patient.
We’re looking to make things more simple, affordable and enjoyable so this candidate must have a deep knowledge and ability to speak to emerging trends in EHR/EMR systems, telemedicine, care coordination, health regulation and policy, insurance and the companies (Apple, Amazon, etc... ) looking to play a larger role in each. All of quips products and services aim to improve habits and health outcomes, this role will help to augment and improve quip’s ability to encourage, educate, care for, and connect communities.
- Directly manage and develop key functional leads
- Ensure overall delivery and quality of the unit's offerings to both customers and providers
- Communicate strategy and results to the unit's employees
- Own and ensure compliance with all state and federal care-services regulations and quip’s brand quality standards, including updates, records, and customer feedback
Leadership and Growth
- Manage projects, partnerships, and research to define and align the team around the business impact and potential for product improvements
- Lead the business strategy and roadmap the growth and operations of quip’s care services, products, network and partnerships
- Ensure the development of targeted goals and objectives
- Evaluate and decide upon key investments in equipment, infrastructure, and talent
Performance Management and Reporting
- Manage the budget and reserves, and report the financial impact of program risks to executives and the board
- Design and monitor performance metrics
- Responsible for oversight of the aggregation, analysis, and maintenance of consumer and provider data
- Periodically report performance to company officers, board members, and investors
Partner in company-wide strategic planning and growth
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals, and comply with all policies, practices, and procedures
- Partner with other executives to create and implement a business growth strategy
- Manage tools, services, and workstreams to better enable or facilitate KPIs
Thought leadership and marketplace expertise
- Keep abreast of what competitors are doing, and update management of market intelligence and pulses in the market
- Foster relationships with thought leaders, competitors, and potential partners throughout the dental, insurance and employee benefits industries
- Represent the business in person and press, with nuanced, well-informed and on-brand input on industry news and trends
- Hold a bachelor's degree in Healthcare Administration, Business Management, Biology, Marketing or a related field (MBA, MPH, JD or Ph.D. - preferred)
- 8+ years of experience in insurance, care coordination, healthcare administration, or policy sales
- Dental industry experience preferred
- Directly Managed a team of 6+ people and led a business function within a larger organization
- Experience working directly with or alongside executive leadership to drive business goals
- Experience working with both consumer and business marketed or oriented plans and services
- Fact-focused mindset with the ability to build systems to create the most up to date and relevant products bearing in mind regulatory environments, economic improvement, and health outcomes
- Strong organizational skills and track record of entrepreneurial growth in previous positions
- Led projects that tracked and resulted in improvements to health outcomes amongst populations
- Strong project management, attention to detail, and a no-task-too-small mentality
- Communicate clearly and consistently, written and verbal skills to match
- Desire to leverage experience to make a business impact, motivated by a flexible environment
- Bonus: have successfully led acquisition(s) to accelerate the realization of goals and roadmaps
- Working in a high energy, fast-paced environment helping us make oral care simple and effective!
- Office located in the heart of DUMBO with breathtaking views of Manhattan and Brooklyn Bridges
- Fully covered health insurance (with an option to opt into a premium internal dental program)
- Commuter benefits for parking & transit
- Offer competitive paid parental leave policy for qualifying employees
- Flexible work from home options
- Open vacation policy
- Dog-friendly office space
- 401k Contribution
- Extended Education Assistance
- Competitive compensation package with stock options at a high-growth startup
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks (make sure to use your quip after snacking!)
- Your very own quip with an unlimited subscription plan
- The opportunity to help us make oral care more simple, effective and accessible!
Most of us aren’t brushing our teeth correctly, either because we don’t know how to do it right, or because we just don’t feel like it. At quip, we design delightful products and experiences to help you care for your mouth better. Our initial product is a beautifully simple electric toothbrush and toothpaste that was featured by Time Magazine as one of the 25 Best Inventions of 2016. With refill brush heads and toothpaste arriving on a 3-monthly schedule, we are now growing our physical and digital product and service line with that same standard of design to help with the whole of our member’s oral care routines. We pride ourselves on great design and our brand values of simplicity, honesty and accessibility are applied throughout our community.
quip is committed to promoting equality, inclusion, and diversity beyond your brushing routine. We believe our company is better equipped to care for every mouth when we listen to fresh perspectives from every voice, and in doing so, we build an equal-opportunity team of the brightest minds (and mouths)—regardless of race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, identity, or any other trait that makes you you. By celebrating and supporting our differences, we will thrive in our mission to improve oral health for all