At quip, we design and deliver delightful products and services that keep your mouth healthy. We are looking for a Project Manager in our Hardware Innovation group who will help execute a strong vision for improving, refreshing and growing this range of products to support more oral care needs and our ever-increasing member base that is in the millions.
As a Project Manager, you have experience mobilizing cross-functional teams to coordinate, execute, and deliver on a vision for the product that aligns with quip’s mission at every level. quip’s Hardware Innovation team prides itself on creative problem solving that bucks most ordinary practice. When we envision a product with unparalleled user experience, it requires a rigor of method, a depth of intelligence, and a penchant for delight not found in everyday products. If you’re ridiculously passionate about good design, we want to talk.
- Manage product development from bluesky ideas through to design verification, and subsequently handle handover to quip operations team for mass production.
- Drive multiple projects forward at different development stages by:
- managing day to day meetings, tasks, and actions
- creating and maintaining project schedules
- coordinating regularly with external stakeholders and manufacturing partners to maintain alignment on schedule and outcomes
- tracking and actively managing risks and issues
- planning and executing on early prototype builds as well as larger-scale engineering and design verification builds
- helping to generate requirements documentation, communicate them to the appropriate teams, and ensure timely cross-functional execution
- tracking COGs and managing development budgets
- Clearly articulate objectives within the Hardware group while coordinating externally with marketing, creative, operations, and other teams
- Understand overall company performance/priorities and translate them into the day to day rigor of hardware development
- Establish processes to optimize project communication & product development that keep design and engineering feedback loops lightning fast
- Develop and manage positive working relationships with marketing managers, tech engineering, operation leads, team members, and customer experience
- Understand hardware product roadmaps and help ensure that new product initiatives meet long-term strategic goals
- 3+ years of direct experience in hardware project management and development experience of designing, developing, and shipping physical products
- Experience working with outsourced design and manufacturers overseas
- Highly skilled in project scheduling, planning, and tracking
- Experience with cost estimating and managing budgets
- Experience with risk management and mitigation
- Demonstrate the ability to iterate product reliability and manufacturability requirements based on data, analytics, and strategy
- Capable of balancing team member and business needs while remaining flexible in a fast-changing startup environment
- Experienced measuring the effectiveness of the systems that you manage
- Speak Mandarin or Cantonese
- Experience with user testing as a development tool to help define product feature sets
- Ability to execute on ancillary engineering projects to fill gaps in bandwidth
- A deep fondness for whiteboards and dry erase markers
- Experience in healthcare or dental space
- You'll be working in a high energy, fast-paced environment helping us make oral care simple and effective!
- An office located in the heart of DUMBO with breathtaking views of Manhattan Bridge
- Wifi-enabled rooftop
- Fully covered health insurance (with an option to opt into a premium internal dental program)
- Commuter benefits for parking & transit
- Offer competitive paid parental leave policy for qualifying employees
- Flexible work from home options
- Open vacation policy
- Dog-friendly office space
- 401k Contribution
- Extended Education Support
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Competitive compensation package with stock options at a high-growth startup
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks (make sure to use your quip after snacking!)
- Your very own quip with an unlimited subscription plan
- The opportunity to help us make oral care more simple, effective and accessible!
Most of us aren’t brushing our teeth correctly, either because we don’t know how to do it right, or because we just don’t feel like it. At quip, we design delightful products and experiences to help you care for your mouth better. Our initial product is a beautifully simple electric toothbrush and toothpaste that was featured by Time Magazine as one of the 25 Best Inventions of 2016. With refill brush heads and toothpaste arriving on a 3-monthly schedule, we are now growing our physical and digital product and service line with that same standard of design to help with the whole of our member’s oral care routines. We pride ourselves on great design and our brand values of simplicity, honesty and accessibility are applied throughout our community.
quip is committed to promoting equality, inclusion, and diversity beyond your brushing routine. We believe our company is better equipped to care for every mouth when we listen to fresh perspectives from every voice, and in doing so, we build an equal-opportunity team of the brightest minds (and mouths)—regardless of race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, identity, or any other trait that makes you you. By celebrating and supporting our differences, we will thrive in our mission to improve oral health for all.