Quantum-Si is pioneering a new generation of technology to create the market of Next Generation Protein Sequencing (NGPS). Similar to Next Generation DNA Sequencing (NGS), which gave us a blueprint of what could happen by studying our DNA, NGPS enables an unbiased view of the proteome through improved scale, resolution, and sensitivity leading to better understanding of disease and improved general health.
We operate at the intersection of biochemistry, chemistry, hardware, molecular biology, photonics, semiconductor chips, and software with a goal to drive a digital transformation of a $44 billion dollar proteomics market.
Join us on the journey to transform healthcare, motivated by the idea that the products you work on will change the lives of millions of people around the world.
As Staff/Sr. Staff Scientist, Computational Biology, you will contribute scientific leadership and expertise in computational structural biology to leverage in-silico methods to design and engineer biomolecules with novel or improved binding properties compatible with our single molecule detection platform.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Help setup, organize and design a new R&D site for single-molecule biochemistry, protein engineering and product development.
- Use computational tools to design and engineer proteins with novel or improved binding properties
- Perform molecular dynamic simulations, docking, and structure analysis to guide engineering efforts
- Work as an integral member of a highly collaborative team utilizing rational design and high throughput technologies to develop novel proteins central to a single-molecule protein sequencing platform
- Provide input into the design of diverse mutagenesis libraries for high throughput selection.
- Report results and work effectively with a cross-functional team. Demonstrate excellent organizational, analytical, communication, and presentation skills
- PhD in Computational Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, or a related field. Candidate should have a strong track record of scientific publication.
- Expertise in structure-guided protein engineering
- Expertise with one or more of the following software suites: Rosetta, Schrodinger, Discovery Studio, FoldX, AlphaFold
- Track record of using molecular structure analysis to engineer binding between proteins and their binding partners and/or improve protein physical properties
- Knowledge of display technologies for directed evolution of proteins and analysis of high-throughput datasets
You Deeply Identify with Core Quantum-Si Values:
- Intellectually Curious - you are thoughtful & inquisitive; people enjoy working with you because they learn from you
- Mission-Driven & Committed - you are passionate about the company's purpose
- Team Oriented - you celebrate and take joy in the success of others on the team
- Efficient & Speedy - you get work done in less time than your industry peers
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks.
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office in the heart of San Diego
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Quantum-Si does not accept agency resumes.
Quantum-Si is an E-Verify and equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.