Putnam over the years has provided significant support to Medical Affairs teams and is looking to grow our team.
A Principal at Putnam is responsible for team management and client business development within their practice area. They must effectively identify potential client engagements, qualify leads, and drive the business development process. They will write and submit project proposals, develop and deliver capability presentations, and respond to prospective client needs. They are responsible for developing intellectual thought leadership for the company and for enhancing their practice area within the firm. They are also responsible for building and enhancing existing client relationships and for overseeing client project teams as well as collaborating with other practice areas (commercial, pricing and access, Portfolio/BD&L).
Responsibilities and measurements of success include but are not limited to:
- Leadership effectiveness through team management effectiveness, coaching and mentoring, participation in positive firm culture building, practice area development contributions
- Extensive project work planning and client interaction and management
- Development of key insights from all workstreams and translation of those insights into a compelling storyline and presentation that can drive strategic planning by our clients
- Proposal development and revenue generation
- Participation in industry thought leadership
Medical affairs projects support clients in the following areas:
- Asset Development
- Launch Strategy
- Digital Health & Omnichannel
Desired Skills & Experience
- Extensive experience in project work planning and strategy development
- Working in (cross-functional) team-based environment
- Demonstrated excellence during academic career (MD, PhD, PharmD degree required)
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience with other top-tier consulting firms or within the Pharmaceutical or Biotechnology industries
- Medical & Scientific Affairs consulting experience is a plus, but not required.
- Clear interest in the medical affairs practice - required.
- A successful history of people and team management through mentorship, knowledge sharing, and leadership.
- Development of key insights into a compelling storyline and strategies
- Strategic planning
- Proven analytical capabilities, presentation skills, team management and detail orientation
- A strong team player with a desire to facilitate collaboration
- A clear desire to build bespoke solutions for clients, with an innovative mindset
- Medical affairs experience
What we offer!
- Competitive salary and bonus packages
- Exceptional professional growth opportunities through mentorship and leadership training
- Hybrid working model and office location options (Boston, New York, San Francisco, or London)
- Additional benefits include a 401(k) plan, health, dental & disability insurance, paid time off, cell phone benefits, and more!
Putnam, an Inizio Advisory company, is a leading scientific and strategic consulting partner that helps the global life science community make confident decisions, build value, and bring life-changing innovations to clinicians and patients. For more than 30 years, our rigorous, bespoke approach and globally diverse team have delivered unrivaled depth across therapeutic areas, business functions, geographic markets, healthcare sectors, and technology platforms to maximize the human impact and commercial success of client innovations.
We believe that to create real, lasting change on human health, we must bring out the best in our people, in every way and at every level. We offer a boutique-firm feel inside a global enterprise, opening the door to limitless opportunities to kickstart your career or hone your expertise. Built on the pillars of empowerment, collaboration, and meaning, we’re proud to offer a fulfilling environment where world-class advisors can come together to shape the future of healthcare for the better.
Serving the life sciences industry, including the top 20 global biopharmaceutical companies, consistently ranked as one of the top consulting firms by Vault, and maintaining a true global team of experts with 550+ team members sitting across 3 continents, we offer a unique opportunity to play a central role in supporting our clients. Our primary office locations are Boston, New York, San Francisco, London, Tokyo, Tunisia, Delhi, Krakow, Paris, and Newcastle – but for the right role and candidate, remote work is an option.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are tenets of our core values. We strive to create a culture and environment that fosters belonging and authenticity across all levels and values individuals for their skills, experience, diverse backgrounds, and unique perspectives. Collectively, DEI serves as a foundational element of who we are and how we work with our clients and with each other.
Our core values:
We are proudly part of Inizio Advisory, a trusted advisor for pharmaceutical and life science companies that turns science into strategy, supporting execution at every stage of the product and patient journey from early commercialization to launch and beyond. Offering market research and insights; strategy, people and transformation consulting; and commercial benchmarking delivered through sector specific connected solutions and intelligence, Inizio Advisory helps create long-term value for clients and their patients.