Manager, Strategic Account Analysis
The Manager of Strategic Account Analysis will take ownership of evolving and advancing Putnam’s understanding of our current and potential future client base. This individual will lead the internal analytics of Putnam’s current client footprint and business trajectory across our service lines. Leveraging core analytic insights, this individual will help to identify whitespace opportunities within current and prospective clients to support and accelerate our continued global growth.
As the Manager of Strategic Account Analysis, you will be central in providing insights to our business leaders that can be used in the development and implementation of our commercial strategies to support our continued global growth. You will conduct market deep dives and analysis to inform the creation of business plans on commercial expansion opportunities and monitor and report on the performance of commercial activities.
This new role will sit between, and work collaboratively with, our client facing business leaders, our business service functions, (finance/HR), marketing, and the broader Inizio strategic account planning organization and will report to the Putnam COO.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Build internal SOPs and structure for consistent approach to analyzing data that can be utilized to support our strategic account planning
- Lead analytics of Putnam performance trends across services lines and client accounts
- Use analytics to identify mid/long-term/white space opportunities for prioritized clients
- Participate in account engagement teams for key clients, providing analytical insight and operational assistance that supports business development planning
- Engage in and contribute to account planning initiatives across the broader Inizio organization at both a group and corporate level
- Identify KPIs, to allow for early identification of opportunities and flagging of emerging business risks and monitor and report on performance against those KPIs on a regular basis to leadership
- Act as an additional resource for ad-hoc projects that focus on analysis of specific strategic events, e.g., potential acquisitions, account-based marketing activities, etc.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Significant experience [ideally 5+ years] in supporting business planning, analytics and data synthesis
- Experience in professional services, ideally consulting and/or life sciences companies
- A successful history of working in cross-functional, matrix teams, ability to engage with senior level leaders
- Demonstrated aptitude and interest in quantitative analytics with solid knowledge of performance reporting and financial forecasting processes
- Commercial awareness partnered with a service-oriented, strategic mindset
- Ability to translate data clearly and concisely in insights that can inform actions; ability to drive insights with incomplete and/or imperfect information
- Self-motivated, relishes new challenges in a dynamic environment and demonstrates an intense drive to generate superior outcomes
- Capable, collaborative, and supportive team member who can adapt their approach and ways of working across teams who sit globally
- Confident and articulate verbal and written communicator, with an ability to foster productive relationships at senior management level.
- Employs influence and tact to resolve issues, conflict and promote effective teamwork and supports innovation amongst team to meet objectives.
Compensation & Benefits
- Industry competitive and salary and bonus package tied to individual, group, and firm performance
- Industry competitive benefits [pension, paid time off, health & wellness perks, and more] with great attention to career sustainability
Putnam, an Inizio Advisory Company, is a premier strategic consulting partner for pharmaceutical and life science companies serving a range of biopharmaceutical, diagnostics, medtech, and private equity/venture capital clients. For more than 30 years, we have provided high-impact strategic advice and analytical services, helping our clients solve their most complex challenges across the patient journey and franchise lifecycle to bring preventions and treatments to those that need them. We offer an unparalleled depth and breadth of advisory service expertise combined with scientific and technical capabilities across strategic and therapeutic areas. We listen to client needs, help shape hypotheses, analyze data, and advise on the strategy of life-changing therapies, empowering better decisions to create long-term value for patients.
We pride ourselves on a team-based approach that is client focused and impact oriented. We serve many of the industry leaders, including the top 20 global biopharmaceutical companies. Most of our studies combine sophisticated quantitative analytics with significant qualitative fact-finding and synthesis to inform strategic decision-making. Our diverse casework spans portfolio prioritization, development pathway and resource optimization, market assessment, product pricing and launch strategies, market segment growth strategies, sales and marketing strategies, franchise development and patent expiration strategies. Our team members are our greatest asset and significantly contribute to the growth and success of our firm. Consistently ranked as one of the Top Consulting Firms by Vault, Putnam offers a unique opportunity to play a central role in supporting leading life science companies.
We have a true global presence with 550+ talented team members sitting across 3 continents. Our primary office locations are Boston, New York, San Francisco, London, Japan, Tunisia, Delhi, Krakow, and Paris. But for the right role and candidate, remote work is an option.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are tenets of our core values. We strive to create a culture and environment that fosters belonging and authenticity across all levels and values individuals for their skills, experience, diverse backgrounds, and unique perspectives. Collectively, DEI serves as a foundational element of who we are and how we work with our clients and with each other.
Our core values:
We are proudly part of Inizio Advisory, a trusted advisor for pharmaceutical and life science companies that turns science into strategy, supporting execution at every stage of the product and patient journey from early commercialization to launch and beyond. Offering market research and insights; strategy, people and transformation consulting; and commercial benchmarking delivered through sector specific connected solutions and intelligence, Inizio Advisory helps create long-term value for clients and their patients.