As a Manager, you will have primary responsibility for understanding the client’s strategic needs and producing the facts and analysis which form the bases for Putnam’s recommendations. You will be responsible for managing support teams of Consultants, Life Sciences Consultants and Associate Consultants, while working collaboratively with Principals and Partners, to transform the engagement workstreams into strategic insights that will deliver a valuable impact on our client’s business.
- Project work planning
- Client management
- Team management
- Development of key insights from all workstreams and translation of those insights into a compelling storyline and presentation
- Proposal development
- Participation in industry thought leadership
Desired Skills & Experience
As a key senior member of the Putnam’s team, the Manager position requires significant team leadership experience. The ideal candidate will have either a minimum of 6 years of experience as a top performer with a leading consulting firm with work covering life science industry clients, or will have direct industry experience in a team leadership position with responsibilities that included strategic decision making backed by rigorous analytics
Additional requirements include:
- A track record of managing individual work streams and team deliverables on complex projects
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, mentor and develop talent, build teams, and create a culture of collaboration and teamwork that fosters open communication and rigorous analysis
- Experience in the process of client and business development
- Excellent problem solving skills; demonstrated success structuring the quantitative and qualitative analysis of complex problems, resourceful at gathering data, and proficient at developing actionable plans that address core business objectives
- Strong competitive analysis and scenario planning skills; participation in the development of innovative strategies and plans based on a deep understanding of long-term trends, industry/category value drivers, payer, physician and patient needs, technological advances, competitive behavior, etc.
- Demonstrable success building business cases (including financial models) to analyze and determine viability of new initiatives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to sell his/her vision/ideas; persuasive, well-organized, and compelling presenter – able to “tell a story”; the confidence and polish to present to an executive level audience
- Undergraduate degree is required, an MBA or post-graduate degree from a top institution is preferred
What we offer you!
- Competitive compensation packages
- Exceptional professional growth and promotion opportunities
- Leadership training program
- Minimal travel
- Additional benefits include a 401(k) plan, insurance options, paid time off, cell phone perks, and more!
Putnam, an Inizio Advisory Company, is a premier strategic consulting partner for pharmaceutical and life science companies serving a range of biopharmaceutical, diagnostics, medtech, and private equity/venture capital clients. For more than 30 years, we have provided high-impact strategic advice and analytical services, helping our clients solve their most complex challenges across the patient journey and franchise lifecycle to bring preventions and treatments to those that need them. We offer an unparalleled depth and breadth of advisory service expertise combined with scientific and technical capabilities across strategic and therapeutic areas. We listen to client needs, help shape hypotheses, analyze data, and advise on the strategy of life-changing therapies, empowering better decisions to create long-term value for patients.
We pride ourselves on a team-based approach that is client focused and impact oriented. We serve many of the industry leaders, including the top 20 global biopharmaceutical companies. Most of our studies combine sophisticated quantitative analytics with significant qualitative fact-finding and synthesis to inform strategic decision-making. Our diverse casework spans portfolio prioritization, development pathway and resource optimization, market assessment, product pricing and launch strategies, market segment growth strategies, sales and marketing strategies, franchise development and patent expiration strategies. Our team members are our greatest asset and significantly contribute to the growth and success of our firm. Consistently ranked as one of the Top Consulting Firms by Vault, Putnam offers a unique opportunity to play a central role in supporting leading life science companies.
We have a true global presence with 550+ talented team members sitting across 3 continents. Our primary office locations are Boston, New York, San Francisco, London, Japan, Tunisia, Delhi, Krakow, and Paris. But for the right role and candidate, remote work is an option.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are tenets of our core values. We strive to create a culture and environment that fosters belonging and authenticity across all levels and values individuals for their skills, experience, diverse backgrounds, and unique perspectives. Collectively, DEI serves as a foundational element of who we are and how we work with our clients and with each other.
Our core values:
We are proudly part of Inizio Advisory, a trusted advisor for pharmaceutical and life science companies that turns science into strategy, supporting execution at every stage of the product and patient journey from early commercialization to launch and beyond. Offering market research and insights; strategy, people and transformation consulting; and commercial benchmarking delivered through sector specific connected solutions and intelligence, Inizio Advisory helps create long-term value for clients and their patients.
This is an Equal Employment Opportunity.
Please note that Putnam Associates is in no way affiliated with Putnam Investments and that this is not a finance opportunity.