Welcome to Striking Distance Studios!
Driven by people. Inspired by challenges. Relentless to deliver creative excellence.
At the intersection of art, design and technology lies Striking Distance Studios. Led by Dead Space and Call of Duty franchise veteran Glen Schofield, a new AAA development studio has risen within the San Ramon Hills of the San Francisco Bay Area. We have planted roots in beautiful Bishop Ranch and are now building our flagship state-of-the-art development studio establishing the East Bay as the new up and coming creative and technological hub we know it to be.
Together with our PUBG partners, our team is hard at work to deliver an original narrative experience within the globally recognized and award-winning PUBG universe. Here at Striking Distance Studios it is amazing people, an immersive experience and a passion for excellence that drives us each day. We are looking for people who push themselves creatively and learn with every new challenge. We give you the setting and the opportunity to do work you are proud of. We’re looking for the best to come join us and become part of a world-class team.
To us excellence is not a skill, but an attitude!
The role has a major emphasis on problem solving and collaboration. They are to hold a high standard of proactive communication to assist artists in developing creative solutions, streamlining the process between aesthetic and technical approaches. Together we will push the envelope of what is possible within real time technical limitations.
- Collaborate with artists and engineers to design and create new art workflows and tools to achieve a product’s visual style and encourage artistic evolution within the studio.
- Support artists and troubleshoot pipeline issues as they arise, implementing root cause solutions to ensure that assets are authored properly.
- Collaborate with artists and engineers to define budgets and audit game performance.
- Serves as a technical resource for all phases of production and other studio art needs.
- 5+ years experience in AAA game or feature film development.
- Strong knowledge of 3D art production and current gen video game development processes and techniques.
- Strong data management skills, with the ability to manage and track large amounts of data as they go through the art pipeline with attention to naming conventions, directory structures, and other processes.
- Proficient in the use of Maya, Substance, Houdini, and Photoshop.
- Highly proficient in Python. Knowledge of Qt, C++, C#, or HLSL is a plus.
- General knowledge of rendering budgets and other technical issues related to performance in real-time engines. Familiarity with game performance evaluation tools on consoles is a plus.
- Excellent collaboration, presentation, and communication skills.
- Preferred experience with Unreal 4 and physically based rendering pipelines.