At Prisma we are building the data layer for modern applications. If you are fascinated by the software that power large technology companies such as Twitter, Airbnb and Facebook but want the challenges and freedom that come with working in a small startup, then a job at Prisma might be for you.
With funding from top-tier Silicon Valley investors Amplify Partners and Kleiner Perkins we are a small and dedicated team in Berlin working on making advanced data infrastructure developed at large tech companies accessible to all developers around the world.
We are focused on bottom-up adoption, and most of our software is open-source. At Prisma you will be part of a vibrant community. Prisma users often engage with the company on GitHub and Slack.
What does a Product Manager do at Prisma?
As a Product Manager at Prisma you will work closely with the Product Team on a variety of topics, some of which you will be able to define yourself over time. In broad strokes, you will be responsible for:
- Growing and cultivating a deep understanding of the problems that developers have when they deal with databases. This means that you will observe and reach out to the Prisma Community, run research interviews and share your insights with the team.
- Keep current with the understanding of opportunities that arise from your research.
- You will monitor and curate opportunities which relate to the problem area you are responsible for. This could include Prisma Client, Prisma Migrate/Introspect, Prisma Studio, or even a future cloud offering.
- This also involves keeping a close eye on feature requests, issues, and general improvements (mostly through GitHub issues and Slack), or curating opportunities based on our Product Strategy.
- Building a strategy for your product area and contributing to the overall product strategy.
- Coordinating with the Engineering and Developer Relations teams to ensure that the product being delivered appropriately solves the problem. This will involve growing an understanding of our technical choices and constraints, as well as establishing a go-to-market strategy for what your team will build.
- Collaborating on cross-team initiatives.
- Assessing the impact of initiatives through telemetry data and qualitative feedback to help us develop our understanding further, and decide on the next steps.
As a young startup, the potential to affect our direction forward is significant, and it is our hope that you will bring practices and ideas that will challenge how we do things and develop the role further over time.
What are the requirements?
We believe the successful candidate would meet the following criteria:
- 3+ Years experience as Product Manager or closely related roles such as Product Owner, Program Manager, or Solutions Architect.
- Some prior experience working as an Engineer on Back-End applications.
- First-hand experience working with databases
- Some experience working in a SaaS, B2B type environment.
The following experience would also be a plus:
- Experience building developer tools.
- Experience working with Open-Source, and having interacted with Open-Source Communities.
What is it like to work at Prisma?
You're likely to be a great fit for the team if you ...
- ... have an ownership mindset. As part of a small team, you'll have an outsize impact on decisions and the way things are executed.
- ... stay nimble. As a growing startup, the team and strategy evolves quickly. Be ready to re-calibrate often and stay flexible.
- ... be kind and collaborative. Come in ready to share your ideas and listen to feedback.
We are a remote-first organisation with an office based in Berlin, Germany. Whether you would like to work remotely, or from the office in Berlin is up to you! We are open to discussing relocation assistance if you would like to join us in Berlin.
That being said, for the sake of maintaining an effective working relationship, we are restricted to hiring remote employees from a timezone band ranging from GMT-5 to GMT+3.
What's in it for you?
- Joining an early-stage startup anchored in both Europe and Silicon Valley where you will be able to make a real impact on a global scale.
- A generous tech-budget to get you all the latest hardware you need.
- Twenty-four days paid time off.
- Competitive compensation including stock options.
What is the process like?
Our recruitment process for this role follows the structure below:
- Introductory call with our People Operations person.
- First Interview with the VP of Product.
- Homework Assignment followed by a debrief including the Head of Developer Relations, Engineering Manager and VP of Product.
- Values Fit Interview with our VP of Design
- Team Fit Interview with the Product Team
What do I do now?
If you are interested, please apply by sending us your Resume/CV and any other links or documentation that you think might be relevant. We are looking forward to hearing from you and wish you all the best with your application.
*Prisma is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.