At Prisma we are building the data layer for modern applications. If you are fascinated by the software that power large technology companies such as Twitter, Airbnb and Facebook but want the challenges and freedom that come with working in a small startup, then a job at Prisma might be for you.
With $4.5M in funding from top-tier SV investor Kleiner Perkins we are a small and dedicated team in Berlin working on making advanced data infrastructure developed at large tech companies accessible to all developers around the world.
We are focused on bottom-up adoption, and most of our software is open-source. At Prisma you will be part of a vibrant community.
We are looking for a junior designer/illustrator to continue to help build out our community focused initiatives. This individual will have the opportunity to define the way that users interact with the Prisma community and make their mark across all parts of the Prisma Marketing and Community process. You will have the opportunity to work closely and learn from Prisma's lead designer.
What you'll be working on:
- Developer Relations Assets: Prisma is focused on educating its users. As a designer you'll create the assets to support presentations such as slides, diagrams, images, etc.
- Social/Blog: Creating social media images, blog illustrations, email headers, and other images for various aspects of the site.
- Email: Designing, modifying, emails and if possible coding them as well.
- Swag design: Designing stickers, tshirts, etc.
- Event Assets: Badge, roll ups, stage props, posters, etc.
- Other: Designing and editing landing pages, creating icons, working on one-off Prisma initiatives.
Working at Prisma:
- Have an ownership mindset. As part a small team, you'll have an outsize impact on decisions and the way things are executed.
- Stay nimble. As a growing startup, the team and strategy evolves quickly. Be ready to re-calibrate often and stay flexible.
- Be kind and collaborative. Come in ready to share your ideas and listen to feedback. We rely on each others' input to create great final results.
- Experience working with Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Experience collaborating across departments with product, marketing, and engineering
- Experience creating developer focused assets
- Desire to learn and grow in a technical environment
- Experience with front-end development, HTML, CSS
- Experience working in a startup
- Experience in creating technical illustrations
When applying for this position, please provide a resume, cover letter, and a link to your portfolio.
Note: This is an on-site position that require you to relocate to Berlin. We offer a generous relocation package to help you settle in.