At Prisma we are building the data layer for modern applications. If you are fascinated by the software that power large technology companies such as Twitter, Airbnb and Facebook but want the challenges and freedom that come with working in a small startup, then a job at Prisma might be for you.
With $4.5M in funding from top-tier SV investor Kleiner Perkins we are a small and dedicated team in Berlin working on making advanced data infrastructure developed at large tech companies accessible to all developers around the world.
We are focused on bottom-up adoption, and most of our software is open-source. At Prisma you will be part of a vibrant community and engage with our many users and customers on GitHub and Slack.
Working on the core of Prisma, you will have the opportunity to learn from a group of experienced engineers and work with modern technologies such as Graal, Akka, Rust and a broad range of modern databases.
What you will do
You will work as an equal peer on our Core team. A normal day at Prisma could see you work on any of the following items:
- Implement features in the core Prisma API such as atomic operations, advanced list operations and aggregation queries
- Set up a test infrastructure to drive our continuous efforts to improve the performance of Prisma
- Develop the specification for a new feature by engaging customers and the open source community
- Refactor the core query engine to support a new type of database
The following points are plusses, but please do apply even if you don't fulfil every single one.
- You are an experienced developer with deep expertise in a JVM language, preferably Scala
- You have experience with systems level programming, maybe even in Rust
- You have personally been responsible for a large system running on Kubernetes or similar modern cloud environment
- You have experience writing performant server code for demanding scalability requirements
- You can communicate fluently in english and can express your thoughts clearly in writing
- You enjoy working closely with your peers and proactively seek to help others
- You seek feedback early and often and am not afraid to ask for help
- You appreciate the value of planning and task estimation
Note: This is an on-site position that require you to re-locate to Berlin. We offer a generous re-location package to help you settle in.