PriceSpider is revolutionizing retail data technology by capturing actionable insights that improve the customer experience. At PriceSpider our purpose is to better people’s lives by enriching their relationship with brands they love and we do this by striving to accomplish our ultimate vision…to help brands and fans thrive together by connecting a digital ecosystem for fans to experience, learn, find, and buy brands.
We are looking for an experienced senior software engineer to be a significant contributor to our new product in the Digital Shelf Analytics space, Brand Monitor. We’re using React 17 with TypeScript 4, Redux and Material-UI 5 to build a world-class application on top of the Looker API connected to our sophisticated data warehouse and processing pipeline in BigQuery.
If you would enjoy working to bring real world value to many of the world’s largest companies, we would love to hear from you. Our platform runs thousands of jobs and processes millions of requests each day as we strive to collect the most accurate information about the way our customers’ products are used and consumed around the globe.
Essential Function and Responsibilities:
- Experience with creating and maintaining React components
- Experience working with and processing large volumes of data
- Analyze and decompose complex software systems and collaborate with cross-functional teams to influence software product design
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Help refine, enhance and maintain group coding standards, best practices and application design
- Promote high quality coding standards through the employment of industry best practices, including CI/CD
- Ensure excellent code quality standards are achieved and retained through appropriate testing.
- Be a senior-level contributor to our FE group; assign tasks, answer questions, and contribute to code reviews and architectural decisions
- Provide mentorship to more junior developers on system design and coding implementation
- Help lead development of our API façade using Node.js; help drive instrumentation and monitoring of performance via DataDog
- Create and maintain documentation and training material
- Design and implement performance optimization of code and architecture, including caching mechanisms
- BS degree in Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Solid understanding of computer science fundamentals including algorithms, complexity analysis, data structures, information architecture, functional programming, and object-oriented analysis and design
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban
- Experience with CI / CD procedures and tools (GitHub Actions, Jenkins, etc.) and related best practices
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed
- Demonstratable experience using JEST and/or other JS based testing frameworks.
- Any experience with e-commerce a plus
- Extensive experience with: Node.js, React 17.x, Redux, TypeScript and async/await
- Experience with Looker, particularly using embedded Looker and/or Looker API
- Experience/familiarity with both unit tests and functional testing
- Experience setting up, maintaining and improving CI/CD pipelines
- Prior experience working with Google Cloud platform: BigQuery, Cloud Storage, Cloud Functions
- Able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and to efficiently balance multiple simultaneous projects with disparate timelines
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, well-supported environment with an emphasis on rapid iteration guided by group feedback
- React, Redux, Node
- BigQuery, Looker, Snowflake
- Github and Github Actions
- Messaging(e.g. RabbitMQ, Kafka)