PriceSpider is revolutionizing retail data technology by capturing actionable insights that improve the customer experience. At PriceSpider our purpose is to better people’s lives by enriching their relationship with brands they love and we do this by striving to accomplish our ultimate vision…to help brands and fans thrive together by connecting a digital ecosystem for fans to experience, learn, find, and buy brands.
About the Position:
Reporting to the Chief Technologies Officer, the Head of Platform, will be a key member of the technologies Executive team, and will lead Engineering and QA teams for the data acquisition organization. Be responsible and accountable for the successful development, on-time, high-quality delivery of platforms that power our products. Head of Platform Engineering is responsible for PriceSpider’s platform infrastructure and solutions that enable our various applications to deliver world class support solutions, managing and developing talent to support that direction, and creating alignment between internal business stakeholders and the engineering organization to prioritize an deliver business outcomes.
The Head of, Platform Engineering should be an expert in cloud-based (AWS, Azure, GCP) medium to large consumers or B2B facing internet applications and platform-as-a-service technology. An expert in Agile/Scrum-based software development and passionate about growing startups. The position is responsible for collaborating with the executive team and other stakeholders to achieve a timely architecture, and design of high-performing, reliable, scalable solutions.
Essential Function and Responsibilities:
- Strong vision and architecture of large-scale highly available internet applications with big data
- Solid vision of the future and where we should be currently and heading towards
- Responsible for budget, planning as per the products and company goals
- Strong strategic and tactical planning and execution
- Be cost-conscious, builds versus buys, and return of investment analysis
- Be iterative mind, deliver, improve, and repeat
- Manage multiple high-performing engineering teams
- Manage the continuous delivery of an increasingly stable, reliable, and scalable products
- Identify, recruit, and retain top technical talent
- Develop standards and procedures to ensure the quality standards are met and are consistent
- Recommend technological developments and improvements inefficiency
- Strong communication skills with the ability to create a shared vision and motivate others to make that vision a reality
- Drive an organizational mindset to seek out and use stakeholder feedback to continually improve PriceSpider’s products and services and ensure accountability to this standard
- Ability to conduct technical deep dives in design reviews and ability to hold strategy discussions within the organization and PriceSpider’s executive team
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering (CS or EE) or equivalent experience. Master’s degree in CS or EE is preferred or MBA with a BS in CS or EE
- 10+ years of proven management/leadership experience in an engineering, organizationmanaging managers, engineers, and QA in several teams and locations
- Proven ability to lead high-performing engineering teams in a high-level management capacity
- Experience leading distributed and global teams and software development projects
- Proven experience in SaaS and/or eCommerce industries on consumer-facing or B2B facing internet-based applications
- Implemented, Enforced, and Uphold software development best practices such as code quality demonstrated through passion about software craftsmanship
- First-hand experience in building and scaling client-side software for large enterprise clients
- Strong communication, leadership, people management and analytical skills
- Self-driven to achieve high-quality results in a fast-paced environment
- Proven experience in building scalable organizations
- Strong technical skills and track record of architectural decisions
- Experience with different technology platforms and programming languages such as Golang, Python, Node.JS, Ruby, C# .Net, SQL and NOSQL large databases
- Must be knowledgeable about industry trends, best practices, and change management
PriceSpider is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity.