PriceSpider is a retail technology company filled with talented people relentlessly driven to revolutionize the online shopping experience. We are the fastest growing Brand Integrity, Where-to-Buy and data services innovator, providing unmatched insights into online consumer purchasing behaviors around the globe. Our technology helps manufacturers, marketers, and retailers radically improve their marketing impact, retail sales, and revenues. Our clients use PriceSpider’s proprietary technology to crawl the web and power their tools to reveal the secrets of exactly what people buy—as well as where, when, and how. We continue to push the boundaries of our technology to create amazing user experiences for both our clients and their consumers. Today PriceSpider is helping nearly 1,500 brands around the globe.
The operations specialist is dedicated to performing data quality tasks each day as well as providing proactive solutions for issues within the PriceSpider product and services with tools and processes as defined by the operations manager. The operations specialist is responsible for understanding our customers’ needs so that they can efficiently diagnose and resolve issues in a timely fashion that they identify day to day.
They are also responsible for adhering to and meeting service level agreements cross functionally with other departments, particularly customer support and implementation. When handling escalations from the customer support or implementation team, they are charged with providing root cause analysis throughout the life cycle of a customer, from inception to renewal/termination. For issues that they cannot resolve, the operations specialists are responsible for involving more senior members of the team or the escalation to the support engineering team and working closely with them to provide a quick resolution.
The operations specialist is ultimately responsible for ensuring the accuracy and availability of the data that PriceSpider customers rely on for every product line with the skills developed through training and the processes provided.
- Taking direction from lead on priority work
- Responding to escalated customer support and implementation issues and resolving them according to internal SLA
- Ensuring that defined goals for performance are met
- Notating work clearly in all tools and tickets according to process
- Maintaining a high level of accuracy with all work assignments
- Adhering to processes as provided by leadership
- Diagnosing of root cause analysis for issues that are assigned
- Meeting or exceeding expectations in upholding PriceSpider’s values
- Providing regular updates to leadership on the status of work
- Recording statistics and time logs accurately for the purpose of reporting
- Ensuring that resolved issues are meeting customer expectations
- Staying informed of all new information related to PriceSpider products, procedures, and trends
- Asking for peer review, when needed, of work performed to ensure quality
- Identifying issues with tooling and escalating to leadership to bring awareness
- Striving to find ways to automate processes and tasks and providing recommendations to leadership
- Performing setup and maintenance tasks which include writing parse definitions (JSON/regex) and scripts when needed
- Understanding the proper use of matching tools like AutoMatch, Alexandria Omni Crawler, Seller Product Feed Match, amongst others
- Knowing the entire matching process’s breadth and depth
- Minimizing recurrence of ongoing issues
- Minimizing reopening of tickets
- Retrieving product data from websites when necessary
- Auditing customer products daily and ensuring they are matched comprehensively and accurately
- Reporting any system anomalies in a proactive manner to leadership
- Providing assistance to members of the team when needed
- Being active participants in standups, team calls, training sessions and all hands company meetings.
- Getting involved in escalation issues on an as needed basis
- Being available for after-hours support when necessary
- Proven experience to collaborate in a team
- Proven ability to diagnose and resolve issues
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Excellent oral communication, written communication, and interpersonal skills
- Able to pick up technical skills quickly
- Proven technical ability in use at PriceSpider
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proven capabilities in a technical role
- Past experience in documentation
- Agile or Kanban
- Understanding of JSON, regex
- SQL skills
- Jira and Confluence
We are hiring for this position in Irvine, CA.
PriceSpider is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity.