PriceSpider is a retail technology company filled with talented people relentlessly driven to revolutionize the online shopping experience. We are the fastest growing Brand Integrity, Where-to-Buy and data services innovator, providing unmatched insights into online consumer purchasing behaviors around the globe. Our technology helps manufacturers, marketers, and retailers radically improve their marketing impact, retail sales, and revenues. Our clients use PriceSpider’s proprietary technology to crawl the web and power their tools to reveal the secrets of exactly what people buy—as well as where, when, and how. We continue to push the boundaries of our technology to create amazing user experiences for both our clients and their consumers. Today PriceSpider is helping nearly 1,500 brands around the globe.
The Technical Product Manager (TPM) responsible for the product management, health and growth of our products.
The TPM will work cross-functionally to guide the consolidation of product platforms and reduce technical debt by connecting the technical and business worlds. The TPM will collaborate with internal developers and external partners to implement and manage technical product features. To be successful in this role, the TPM should have the technical acumen and expertise in providing and reviewing technical specifications, architecture and networking plans in addition to participating in security, scalability and infrastructure activities.
Essential Function and Responsibilities:
1. Technical Product Management
- Lead the discovery, prioritization, design, and delivery of platform capabilities, and platform development frameworks and strategies in order to drive efficient development across products/teams.
- Coordinate planning, tracking, and execution of key Cyber and Enterprise Tech Backlog initiatives.
- Establish (and refine) a platform vision and roadmap with a prioritized backlog and communicate with internal stakeholders in order to drive a shared understanding of the vision.
- Research and define key metrics for measuring platform performance.
- Work with tech leads to define technical implementation details, particularly around API design and platform consolidation.
- Establish technology product standards with the team and other development managers.
- Evaluate and prioritize support requests from partner application teams against the team’s existing backlog.
- Influence stakeholders to invest a high-reliability platform mindset, identifying opportunities and clearly articulating value to inform grounded prioritization of reliability enhancements.
- Define and drive technical product scope and prioritization and be flexible to iterate/change per latest developments to meet agreed upon deadlines and business needs.
2. Define User Stories
- Generate and refine detailed user stories from internal customer needs and solution requirements.
- Work side-by-side with engineering, product, and UX designers to develop and test prototypes with target internal customers to establish Minimum Viable Products (MVP) that are both feasible and valuable.
- Maintain the functional quality of the work being delivered by defining acceptance criteria, setting expectations and communicating priorities based on well-defined and measured business use cases.
3. User Acceptance Testing
- Conduct user acceptance testing to ensure delivered product meet acceptance criteria and matches prototypes.
- Identify and work with customers to beta test new features before full release to make sure customers’ needs were met.
- Maintain a prioritized product backlog to ensure the maximum value of delivery, to enable realistic forecasting, alignment with the roadmap, proper communication, and expectation-management.
- Communicate with business stakeholders to ensure the business is informed of the product direction and status of the roadmap.
- Establish goals and manage your product scorecards in order to communicate progress across internal and external stakeholder groups.
- Develop a deep understanding of the business drivers of your product roadmap – profitability, pricing, services mix, sales channels, etc.
- Continuously monitor where your products are in their lifecycle and work holistically across the business to manage lifecycle events (end of life, new product launch, etc.)
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field.
- 3+ years of technical product management.
- Experience with data analysis and/or leading highly technical teams and projects, and working across organizations on complex integrations.
- Experience in authoring of the user personas and stories, requirements documentation, and product specs.
- Clear knowledge of how enterprise platforms drive value, as well as how the reliability of those platforms relates to client relationships and product effectiveness.
- Hands-on experience with modern functional and issue tracking tools (eg. JIRA) to define epics, use cases, storyboarding, and user stories.
- Adept at understanding and curious about new technologies, systems, and tools.
- Can-do attitude with a demonstrated ability to get things done under minimal supervision and drive results across cross-functional teams.
- Proven experience in delivering large and complex technology initiatives with demonstrated ability to lead through influence.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, solid presentation skills, and proven ability to run effective meetings, comfortable interacting at all levels.
- Experience in (one of) DevOps, Application Modernization, Platform Engineering or Developer.
- Strong knowledge of modern software development and continuous delivery practices.
- Experience working at a high-growth startup.
- Experience in Pragmatic Marketing and Scrum or other Agile development practices, methodologies and tools is preferred.
We are hiring for this position in Irvine, CA.
PriceSpider is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity.