PriceSpider is revolutionizing retail data technology by capturing actionable insights that improve the customer experience. Combining decades of data on consumer shopping behaviors with its proprietary data collection platform, PriceSpider arms brands with intelligence from thousands of ecommerce sites and marketplaces to help them drive sales conversions and protect brand integrity at every possible digital touch point. PriceSpider helps the world’s biggest brands enrich the consumer journey and build long-lasting relationships with their shoppers, resulting in more revenue and higher profit margins.
The Engineering Manager role is an awesome opportunity for a technical leader to oversee an international engineering team which is well embedded in a fast growing and highly successful tech company. The team is responsible for building and maintaining a world-class Where-to-Buy SaaS Platform, currently already serving more than 80 countries world wide. Be part of our mission to make any touchpoint shoppable and support brands making data driven decisions.
Essential Function & Responsibilities:
- Lead multiple engineering teams to extend and operate our global B2B SaaS commerce platform setting the focus on reliability, scalability and most complete analytics data
- Identify technical optimization potential, distill well visualized problem and goal statements and drive decision and execution on top of these
- Be a change facilitator, earning and retaining the team’s buy-in
- Enable the teams to ship and operate highly available services at global scale, driving a high degree of (test) automation and comprehensive service health monitoring including alerting and incident response procedures
- Participate actively in Software Development and acts as a role model to the team
- 6-10 years of relevant industry experience in SaaS, with 3 or more years of technical leadership in an agile environment and people management experience
- Practical experience in M&A related team transformation and technology consolidation
- Profound experience architecting, building and operating cloud-based (preferably AWS), scalable, well-tested and highly automated backend web applications
- Practical experience in handling system with terabyte level data amounts and realtime requirements
- Strong customer and (big) data centric attitude, always on the lookout for the key requirement and considering business cases also in technical decisions
- Willingness and ability to help support legacy systems as part of our larger goals, and actively participate in mid-term plans to transition legacy systems into modern applications (e.g. from monolith to microservice via strangler pattern)
- Very analytical thinking and adaptability to frequently changing needs with an absolute solution orientation
- Excellent communication skills in an international environment
- Well networked within engineering communities and able to recruit and add talent to your team
- GitLab or Github Actions
- AWS in general
- Container, Kubernetes, Linux
- Nice to have, any of: Node.js, RabbitMQ, MongoDB, Python, Redis, MSSQL, Jenkins, C#
This position is based in Irvine, CA.
PriceSpider is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity.