PriceSpider is a retail technology company filled with talented people relentlessly driven to revolutionize the online shopping experience. We are the fastest growing Brand Integrity, Where-to-Buy and data services innovator, providing unmatched insights into online consumer purchasing behaviors around the globe. Our technology helps manufacturers, marketers, and retailers radically improve their marketing impact, retail sales, and revenues. Our clients use PriceSpider’s proprietary “spidering” technology to crawl the web and power their tools to reveal the secrets of exactly what people buy—as well as where, when, and how. We continue to push the boundaries of our technology to create amazing user experiences for both our clients and their consumers. Today PriceSpider is helping nearly 1,500 brands around the globe.
This role is an awesome opportunity for a technical leader to oversee an international engineering team which is well embedded in a fast growing and highly successful tech company. The team is responsible for building and maintaining a world-class Where-to-Buy SaaS Platform, currently already serving more than 80 countries world wide. Be part of our mission to make any touchpoint shoppable and support brands making data driven decisions.
Essential Function & Responsibilities:
- Personal responsibility for the team, individual job satisfaction for each team member and the team as a whole (including career planning and compensation package)
- Sets the tone for the team, brings energy and motivation daily
- Closely partners with the Director of Engineering and other Managers to execute on the agreed technical strategy and making architecture decisions
- Owning the full agile SDLC and continuously inspects and adopts the life cycle in order to ship and operate high quality services, specifically working towards a high degree of (test) automation
- Participates actively in Software Development and acts as a role model to the team
Requirements and Qualifications:
- 6-10 years of relevant industry experience, with 3 or more years of technical leadership in an agile environment and people management experience
- Experience in bridging frontend and backend aspects throughout the whole SDLC thus leveraging great UX
- Strong customer centric attitude, always on the lookout for the key requirement and considering business cases also in technical decisions
- Experience architecting, building and operating cloud-based (preferably AWS), scalable well-tested and highly automated web applications
- Ability to find creative solutions to complex problems across disciplines
- Willingness and ability to help support legacy systems as part of our larger goals
- Very analytical thinking and adaptability to frequently changing needs with an absolute solution orientation
- Excellent communication skills in an international environment
- Angular and/or React and frontend technologies in general
- LAMP / PHPUnit
- GitLab or Github Actions
- MySQL, NoSQL
- AWS in general
- Container, Kubernetes, Linux
- Nice to have: AWS Redshift, Postgres
This position is based in Stuttgart, Germany.
PriceSpider is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity.