PriceSpider is revolutionizing retail data technology by capturing actionable insights that improve the customer experience. Combining decades of data on consumer shopping behaviors with its proprietary data collection platform, PriceSpider arms brands with intelligence from thousands of ecommerce sites and marketplaces to help them drive sales conversions and protect brand integrity at every possible digital touch point. PriceSpider helps the world’s biggest brands enrich the consumer journey and build long-lasting relationships with their shoppers, resulting in more revenue and higher profit margins.
The Engineering Manager role is an awesome opportunity for a technical leader to oversee an international engineering team which is well embedded in a fast growing and highly successful tech company. The team is responsible for building and maintaining a world-class Where-to-Buy SaaS Platform, currently already serving more than 80 countries world wide. Be part of our mission to make any touchpoint shoppable and support brands making data driven decisions.
Essential Function & Responsibilities:
- Personal responsibility for the team, individual job satisfaction for each team member and the team as a whole (including career planning and compensation package)
- Sets the tone for the team, brings energy and motivation daily
- Closely partners with the Director of Engineering and other Managers to execute on the agreed technical strategy and making architecture decisions
- Owning the full agile SDLC and continuously inspects and adopts the life cycle in order to ship and operate high quality services, specifically working towards a high degree of (test) automation
- Participates actively in Software Development and acts as a role model to the team
- 6-10 years of relevant industry experience, with 3 or more years of technical leadership in an agile environment and people management experience
- Experience in bridging frontend and backend aspects throughout the whole SDLC thus leveraging great UX
- Strong customer centric attitude, always on the lookout for the key requirement and considering business cases also in technical decisions
- Experience architecting, building and operating cloud-based (preferably AWS), scalable well-tested and highly automated web applications
- Ability to find creative solutions to complex problems across disciplines
- Willingness and ability to help support legacy systems as part of our larger goals
- Very analytical thinking and adaptability to frequently changing needs with an absolute solution orientation
- Excellent communication skills in an international environment
- Angular and/or React and frontend technologies in general
- LAMP / PHPUnit
- GitLab or Github Actions
- MySQL, NoSQL
- AWS in general
- Container, Kubernetes, Linux
- Nice to have: AWS Redshift, Postgres
This position is based in Stuttgart, Germany.
PriceSpider is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity.