PriceSpider is a retail technology company filled with talented people relentlessly driven to revolutionize the online shopping experience. We are the fastest growing Brand Integrity, Where-to-Buy and data services innovator, providing unmatched insights into online consumer purchasing behaviors around the globe. Our technology helps manufacturers, marketers, and retailers radically improve their marketing impact, retail sales, and revenues. Our clients use PriceSpider’s proprietary technology to crawl the web and power their tools to reveal the secrets of exactly what people buy—as well as where, when, and how. We continue to push the boundaries of our technology to create amazing user experiences for both our clients and their consumers. Today PriceSpider is helping nearly 1,600 brands around the globe.
We are looking for a sharp, motivated engineer to help us build out our price monitoring solution. This full-time engineering position will be responsible for maintaining existing price monitoring systems, as well as building out many new features. You’ll listen to and translate product needs into high-level technical specifications, design and develop recommended systems and consult with our product team and our executives to ensure a smooth implementation.
As a Software Engineer you will play a major role in developing, deploying and supporting our cloud-based applications. Your willingness to play different roles as needed should thrill you versus frustrate you. Some days you’ll be working closely with the entire team. Other days you’ll be focused on a single task by yourself. It’s energizing and tiring.
Essential Function & Responsibilities:
- Active involvement in daily standup
- Ability to collaborate with team and fulfill business requirements
- Mentor team members in areas of expertise
- Contribute to design decisions, new technology, and best practices
- Research optimal solutions and provide recommendations
- Writing documentation, system diagrams, and health tracking metrics
- Independently execute on assigned tasks, while raising up concerns during implementation
- Consider abstract code redundancy, overall system design, and best practices when creating and approving code
- Computer Science degree or equivalent work experience
- Understanding of web services and protocols
- Experience coding with a variety of languages and paradigms
- Experience with SQL, relational databases, and non-relational data stores
- Experience writing unit and integration testing suites
- Adept in working in other people’s code, refactoring, and git processes
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills
- Minimum 2 years working experience as a software engineer or programmer
- Programming knowledge in Node.js and Golang preferred
This position is based in Irvine, CA or remotely. We are looking for candidates who are comfortable working with remote teams or in a highly collaborative office environment.
PriceSpider is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity.