PriceSpider is a retail technology company filled with talented people relentlessly driven to revolutionize the online shopping experience. We are the fastest growing Brand Integrity, Where-to-Buy and data services innovator, providing unmatched insights into online consumer purchasing behaviors around the globe. Our technology helps manufacturers, marketers, and retailers radically improve their marketing impact, retail sales, and revenues. Our clients use PriceSpider’s proprietary technology to crawl the web and power their tools to reveal the secrets of exactly what people buy—as well as where, when, and how. We continue to push the boundaries of our technology to create amazing user experiences for both our clients and their consumers. Today PriceSpider is helping nearly 1,500 brands around the globe.
At PriceSpider, we work at lightning speed and are accumulating happy customers at the same pace. We are looking for a sharp, motivated Product Designer to help us continue to drive excellent user experiences for our customers.
Product Designer responsibilities include falling in love with the user problems and pain points (not the solution), gathering requirements based on understanding the user journey, designing graphic elements and prototyping new and intuitive ways for customers to interact and leverage their brand dataset. To be successful in this role, you should have customer empathy, experience with user research, design software, wire-framing and prototyping tools, and above all, a passion for creating delightful user experiences. Ultimately, you’ll work among our product teams to actualize innovative features that address our customer’s needs effectively in our user focused approach.
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Discover insights through continuous customer, user, and stakeholder engagement
- Translate concepts into wireframes and mockups that lead to intuitive user experiences
- Rapidly prototype interactions and experiences, testing them with users along the way
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs
- Collaborate with fellow designers and engineers to help curate and expand our design system
- Utilize usability metrics and design principles to help refine design decisions and prioritize your work and product decisions
- Provide clear and honest feedback and communication to peers, identifying concerns and helping to resolve user experience woes
- Help evolve and create processes and standards for our growing Product Design team
- Experience in collaborating with users, product managers, engineers, QA, customer success and internal stakeholders is a plus. The ability to develop the strategy and rationale for features is required.
- Experience in working cross-functionally with product managers and other designers to drive efforts to meet and exceed strategic goals
- Experience in user research and user testing, and a data-informed perspective to design
- A relentless customer-focused approach to design
- 3+ years of experience building B2B and B2C (and/or B2B2C) data infrastructure or similar product experiences
- Ability to balance methodologies and practical scenarios
- Ability to collaborate with teammates to make their work and team better
- Ability to effectively take direction with feedback from co-workers and partners and have excellent communication skills
- Ability to define projects and measures of success, test your assumptions and outcomes, and continuously incorporate feedback
- You are someone who can easily step into the customer's shoes with enthusiasm to craft magical experiences
This position is based in Irvine, CA and we are looking for local candidates who are comfortable working in the office in a highly collaborative environment.
PriceSpider is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity.