PriceSpider is a retail technology company filled with talented people relentlessly driven to revolutionize the online shopping experience. We are the fastest growing Brand Integrity, Where-to-Buy and data services innovator, providing unmatched insights into online consumer purchasing behaviors around the globe. Our technology helps manufacturers, marketers, and retailers radically improve their marketing impact, retail sales, and revenues. Our clients use PriceSpider’s proprietary “spidering” technology to crawl the web and power their tools to reveal the secrets of exactly what people buy—as well as where, when, and how. We continue to push the boundaries of our technology to create amazing user experiences for both our clients and their consumers. Today PriceSpider is helping nearly 500 brands around the globe.
We promote a high-energy, collaborative work environment with open doors and free meals and snacks. We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary and stellar benefits. Our company growth has created a promising environment for career advancement and rewarding challenges. It is the ideal time to join the PriceSpider team due to our strong established product line and emerging new innovations perfectly positioned with the digital awakening of the broader online market.
The Technical Operations team is responsible for creating and maintaining all scripts that aquire seller data, as well as monitoring the core platform to ensure that all acquired data is stored and used appropriately. The PriceSpider Senior C# Developer (internal title, Technical Operations Specialist III) is responsible for creating and maintaining a library of scripts that acquire and parse data from seller websites. Additionally, you will be able to participate in creating the next generation of tools that will continue to keep PriceSpider on the cutting edge of technology and data.
- Utilize C#, SQL and other technologies to build and maintain web crawling and searching technologies.
- Design and develop web API's.
- Be responsible for the maintenance of the SQL tables which are part of your deliveries.
- Work with various stakeholders to ensure we are supporting and maintaining the right solutions for our clients and seller network.
- Work with our comprehensive data infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot various seller issues to ensure program(s) work seamlessly through implementations, updates and patches.
- Utilize familiarity with software to make content improvements.
- Maintain library of scripts and update scripts as seller websites change.
- Leverage internal tools and databases to help test and monitor crawling scripts.
- Designing and/or writing the various elements of the crawler execution code to accommodate the interest of the various stakeholders.
- Perform work to a standard of quality across all areas assigned.
- Participate in code review and quality assurance processes.
- Interface with product management and engineering team.
- Drive best practices and future generation tools.
- Advise systems engineers and update management on concepts and techniques that work.
- Conceptualizes, designs, constructs, tests, and implements portions of business and technical solutions through application of appropriate software development assistance.
- Research and troubleshoot complex issues associated with crawling and storage of data retrieved from seller websites.
- Provide input on various technical matters related to the technical operations of PriceSpider software.
- Provide operational support and implementation activities for product/crawler administration.
- Interface with operations product support group on production programs and product issues.
- Monitor product performance.
- Understands and uses appropriate tools to analyze, identify and resolve business and/or technical problems.
Required Experience and Education:
- BS in Computer Science or related area, or relevant work experience.
- You have 5+ years of experience in developing enterprise level software.
- You are able to write testable code and build unit tests for it.
- You are familiar with Git, Jira and other project management platforms.
- Extensive experience with C# and ASP.net / .NET Core 2.0 / .NET Web API core framework concepts and fundamentals/ MVC and EF.
- REST Web services & API Experience.
- Deploying .Net Core web application/API in Windows and Linux.
- Experience designing and developing enterprise grade software.
- Experience with DevOps and automated deployment environment.
- Experience with debugging, performance profiling and optimization.
- Messaging knowledge (Topics, Queues & Publish Subscribe).
- Experience with database development including relational database design, SQL, and ORM.
- Agile Delivery experience.
- Most importantly, you are passionate about learning and love staying up to date on the latest technology.
- Knowledge of AWS, Docker and Kubernetes
- Cloud, SaaS, Software as a Service
This position is based in Irvine and we are looking for local candidates who are comfortable working in the office in a highly collaborative environment.
PriceSpider is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity.