PriceSpider is a retail technology company filled with talented people relentlessly driven to revolutionize the online shopping experience. We are the fastest growing Brand Integrity, Where-to-Buy and data services innovator, providing unmatched insights into online consumer purchasing behaviors around the globe. Our technology helps manufacturers, marketers, and retailers radically improve their marketing impact, retail sales, and revenues. Our clients use PriceSpider’s proprietary “spidering” technology to crawl the web and power their tools to reveal the secrets of exactly what people buy—as well as where, when, and how. We continue to push the boundaries of our technology to create amazing user experiences for both our clients and their consumers. Today PriceSpider is helping nearly 500 brands around the globe.
We promote a high-energy, collaborative work environment with open doors and free meals and snacks. We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary and stellar benefits. Our company growth has created a promising environment for career advancement and rewarding challenges. It is the ideal time to join the PriceSpider team due to our strong established product line and emerging new innovations perfectly positioned with the digital awakening of the broader online market.
We are looking for a Chief Financial Officer to oversee our finance and accounting function, risk management, and legal efforts that support our next stage of growth. You'll join a talented team and will be directly responsible for growing the department into a best-in-class finance organization.
The Chief Financial Officer will be responsible for the financial, accounting, and legal activities of the company. The position’s responsibilities include providing leadership in the finance, business planning, accounting, budgeting, benefits, risk management, and legal efforts of the company. As a member of the executive management team, the CFO will participate in strategy planning, assist in the development and evaluation of key initiatives and will lead the company to meet their goals and objectives. The individual will manage a small team and interact with all areas of the company including the company Board of Directors, financial investors, as well as customers, suppliers and vendors.
- In conjunction with the management team and Board of Directors, establish financial goals and objectives for the company;
- Ensure the company’s financial stability and help the management team quantify the impact of strategic and operating plans;
- Efficiently manage the administrative functions of the company, including finance, accounting, human resources, and legal;
- Be a trusted and valued business partner to CEO and functional leaders;
- Identify and assist in prioritizing business initiatives, levers and paths that increase shareholder value;
- Ensure efficient and effective performance in all aspects of finance and accounting including timely month-end and year-end processing, accounts receivable and accounts payable;
- Develop, analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner, clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements; provide accurate, concise and insightful reporting and forecasting of the financial position of the company; ensure the management team and Board of Directors are apprised of potential financial results;
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and the finance committee of the Board of Directors; ensure compliance with tax and regulatory agencies;
- Manage all third-party relationships with lenders and prospective investors;
- Oversee and lead the budgeting and planning process; develop and review the financial plans, budgets and forecasting;
- Develop and maintain a robust contracts management and financial management reporting system;
- Develop effective tools to improve and facilitate pricing decisions;
- Effectively communicate and present financial matters to the Board of Directors;
- Continuously update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices to improve performance and respond to the changing needs of the organization; ensure the systems and processes keep pace with the growth and changes of the organization;
- Assist with customer and vendor relationships and contract negotiations;
- Oversee administrative functions as well as facilities to ensure efficient and consistent operations as the organization scales;
- Working closely with the management team and sales, review, monitor, and report on company incentive programs and sales commission plans;
- Drive EBITDA growth as the company scales by continually looking for ways to improve operational efficiency and reduce costs
- Oversee operational/integration activities related to potential M&A activities
- Direct vendor relationships and contract negotiations for the company;
- In collaboration with the management team, oversee cost effective risk mitigation and employee benefit programs;
- Develop a transparent, proactive financial function on which other departments and all employees can rely in achieving aggressive growth targets;
- Identify and implement new best in class financial software & systems to manage the company’s growth;
- Identify financial modeling tools and develop multi-year financial models to assess the long-term projections for the company;
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- A track record of success leading the financial function at fast paced, high growth technology companies; experience as a CFO is required; the successful candidate will bring experience with the SaaS/recurring revenue business model;
- Proven ability to be a valued and trusted business partner to the CEO and functional leaders;
- Proven ability to identify paths to increased shareholder value and assist in leading a company to that end;
- Candidates who have led the financial function at companies with institutional investors will be advantaged;
- Experience scaling a business from the $10MM to $30MM revenue range to the $50MM to $100MM revenue range is preferred;
- Experience overseeing legal activities is preferred;
- Demonstrated success with obtaining and managing bank debt is preferred;
- Experience scaling and subsequently selling a business is preferred; acquisition and due diligence experience is a plus;
- Financial acumen and significant analytical skills
This position is based in Irvine and we are looking for local candidates who are comfortable working in the office in a highly collaborative environment.
PriceSpider is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity.