PriceSpider is a retail technology company filled with talented people relentlessly driven to revolutionize the online shopping experience. We are the fastest growing Brand Integrity, Where-to-Buy and data services innovator, providing unmatched insights into online consumer purchasing behaviors around the globe. Our technology helps manufacturers, marketers, and retailers radically improve their marketing impact, retail sales, and revenues. Our clients use PriceSpider’s proprietary technology to crawl the web and power their tools to reveal the secrets of exactly what people buy—as well as where, when, and how. We continue to push the boundaries of our technology to create amazing user experiences for both our clients and their consumers. Today PriceSpider is helping nearly 500 brands around the globe.
At PriceSpider we are looking for enthusiastic and passionate engineers to join our team. If you would enjoy working to bring real world value to many of the world’s largest companies, we would love to hear from you. Our platform runs thousands of jobs and processes millions of requests each day as we strive to collect the most accurate information about the way our customers products are used and consumed around the globe.
- Design, prototype, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- Analyze and decompose complex software systems and collaborate with cross-functional teams to influence software product design
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
Qualifications and required experience
- BS degree in Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- A minimum of 5 years of software engineering experience developing high capacity online and web services
- Solid understanding of computer science fundamentals including algorithms, complexity analysis, data structures, information architecture, functional programming, and object-oriented analysis and design
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed
- Solid experience working with two or more of the following: web application development, Unix/Linux environments, mobile application development, distributed and parallel systems, machine learning, information retrieval, natural language processing, networking, developing large software systems, and/or security software development
- Experience with any of the following: Node.js, Docker, Kubernetes, React/Redux, GraphQL, Webpack, Git, MS-SQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Redis, RabbitMQ, Kafka
- Prior experience working with Google Cloud platform: BigQuery, Cloud Storage, Pub/Sub, etc.
- Able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and to efficiently balance multiple simultaneous projects with disparate timelines
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, interrupt-driven environment with an emphasis on rapid iteration guided by group feedback
- Familiar with modern, agile project methodologies including SCRUM and KanBan
This position is based in Irvine and we are looking for local candidates who are comfortable working in the office in a highly collaborative environment.
PriceSpider is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity.