The Predictive Index—the talent optimization leader—is an award-winning best place to work (Inc., Glassdoor, Boston Business Journal, The Boston Globe).
Our mission is “Better work, better world," and we take great pride in PI’s power to supercharge workplace relationships and culture to achieve the unthinkable. We’re our own best case study! You’ll be working toward a mission that inspires you, and you’ll be surrounded by fun, smart, driven people day in and day out.
There’s a reason more than 8,000 companies—including Nissan, Citizens Bank, Drift, Subway, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Docusign, and Omni Hotels—trust PI to help them hire top talent, design winning teams, and develop leaders at every level. Come discover how we empower our clients to solve their biggest challenges and make their business dreams come true.
We are looking for an energetic experience design leader to help us mature our talent optimization platform and amplify design’s impact across the client journey. You will be supporting the newly created platform teams. In addition to liaising with platform product managers, engineering and systems teams, you will deeply collaborate with product designers and product science experts to create portable and reusable platform solutions that will power our products.
This role requires a strong command in design thinking methodology and facilitation skills. At PI, we use the power of design thinking to understand the problem and evaluate solutions through Design to Define and Experience Review sessions. You have extensive experience running design thinking workshops such as design sprints and facilitating design critique sessions with non-designers.
You rapidly distill research learnings and business problems into client journeys and experience narratives, and thrive on making connections across problem spaces and people associated with them. You articulate opportunities visually and can guide others through tradeoffs. You are proactive in taking the initiative and clear in your communication with others.
You love optimizing and evolving design processes and systems that are accessible and valuable to non-designers. You will be working closely with designOps, research, product and engineering to mature our design systems and ceremonies.
You are a confident and humble professional. You believe in mentoring and building others. You see your role as a service to others and measure your success by making it possible for great designs to happen everywhere.
- Expertly facilitate a range of explorations and participation (over Zoom/Miro/Figma) to help drive problem discovery and definition.
- Rapidly synthesize and produce a testable point of view artifacts such as mind maps, taxonomy, usage scenarios, user journeys, service design blueprints, user flows, wireframes and mockups
- Triangulate problems and assess solutions in partnership with user research, product design, product management and business intelligence teams.
- Design and deliver reusable and portable solutions to recurring problems
- Proactively communicate progress and updates at the right fidelity
- Lead curation and governance of design patterns with eye towards reusability and value
- Optimize, evolve and evangelize design processes and ceremonies
- Mentor and manage designers and contractors as needed
SHOULD YOU APPLY?
If you’ve got all the below skills, drop what you’re doing right now and reach out. If you’ve got some of these skills, we still want to hear from you!
- Mastery in Interaction Design and Information Architecture. Competent in User Research.
- Strong command in design & collaboration tools (Miro, Figma, Sketch, Invision)
- Excellent facilitation skills to engage internal cross-functional teams, and external clients
- 4+ years of experience as a User Experience Designer, Information Architect, or equivalent required. SAAS experience preferred.
- A Bachelor's in Human Factors, Cognitive Science, HCI, Interaction Design, or related field
Just as our employees are threads in the cultural fabric of PI, THREADS is our framework for understanding our core values.
Teamwork: Focus on the “we,” not the “me.”
Honesty: Follow your moral compass.
Reliability: Be someone others can count on.
Energy: Be balanced, be energized.
Action: Errors of action are better than errors of inaction. Be brave.
Drive: Own it.
Scope: Don't try to boil the ocean.
The Predictive Index participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from an employee's Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to data from U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility. The Predictive Index is an Equal Opportunity Employer.