Postscript is redefining marketing for ecommerce companies. By introducing SMS as an entirely new channel for e-commerce stores to engage, retain, and convert their customer base, brands are seeing huge ROI with Postscript. Backed by Y Combinator and other top investors, Postscript is growing fast and looking for remarkable people to help build a world class go-to-market (GTM) organization.
As VP of Sales, you will build and lead a world class sales organization that drives exponential growth in line with ambitious goals. You will optimize our sales organization to consistently capitalize on sales-, marketing-, and product-generated leads. You will implement a sales process and approach that enables your team to consistently exceed goals, improve core sales KPIs and outsell competitors. You will partner exceptionally closely with leaders in Marketing and other key go-to-market functions to shape the category and position Postscript as the clear leader.
You are an aggressively growth-oriented person who is highly energized by the size of the opportunity at Postscript. You are intrigued by unique sales challenges and like to solve problems (vs always running the same playbook). Further, you are an exceptional leader who loves winning as a team and achieving great performance through others. Your work will be critical in continuing to meet and exceed our aggressive growth targets. As a senior leader, you will be a key player in building both the sales function and the company as a whole. You will report directly to the President and Co-Founder, and represent the sales function on the Executive Team. All positions at Postscript are fully remote.
- Consistently meet and exceed revenue targets in line with aggressive growth goals
- Increase and improve core sales KPIs such as deal size, close rates, etc
- Grow and lead the sales organization. Recruit, retain, and develop a world class team. Identify, prove out and build the optimal mix of lead-generation and sales channels.
- Own the entire sales process. Built out a highly utilized set of sales resources and best practices
- Partner with others to continue building the foundation for highly effective sales analytics and operations that support aggressive revenue growth and agile experimentation with GTM strategies. Establish and achieve appropriate KPIs and performance metrics. Enable accurate and consistent revenue forecasting
- Develop mastery of the Postscript product and customer. Develop an exceptional understanding of customers’ business needs and how Postscript adds value and yields return for our customers. Continually stay up to date on the competitive landscape and the marketing technology ecosystem in our target market
- Partner very closely with Marketing and GTM the leadership team to aggressively refine our GTM approach, improve customer experience at every touchpoint, and exceed our growth targets
- Add substantial value to GTM strategy, including testing and capitalizing on new verticals, customer segments, and GTM approaches and tactics (i.e. pricing, product-led initiatives, upsell initiatives, etc.).
What We’ll Love About You
- 10+ years of B2B SaaS sales leadership experience with a strong record of exceeding performance targets
- Demonstrated success in building and scaling successful sales team that achieved aggressive growth in a range of B2B SaaS environments
- Demonstrated success leading a sales team in the SMB to mid-market customer segments
- Experience with self-serve, product-led, freemium or other related forms of SaaS products
- Demonstrated success with both sales-generated and marketing-generated lead models
- Leadership experience in high-growth, early stage companies
- Remote or distributed management experience
- Solid understanding of ecommerce and marketing technology desired
What You'll Love About Us
- High growth startup - plenty of room for you to directly impact the company and grow your career!
- Fully remote culture - work from home (or wherever!)
- Fun - We're passionate and enjoy what we do
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for equity
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, vision insurance
- Other great perks, such as home office stipend
You are welcome here. Postscript is an ever-evolving place of equal employment for talented individuals.