Postscript is redefining marketing for ecommerce companies. By introducing SMS as an entirely new channel for ecommerce stores to engage, retain, and convert their customer base, brands are seeing huge ROI with Postscript. Backed by Greylock, Y Combinator and other top investors, Postscript is growing fast and looking for remarkable people to help build a world class organization.
** We are not open to working with external agencies on this role and are only considering candidates based in North America**
About the role
As a Senior Fullstack Engineer for the Acquisition and App Experience Team at Postscript, you will use your passion and expertise for software engineering to create powerful, differentiated acquisition tools that enable brands to grow their subscriber list on and off-site. Your work will contribute directly to the growth of our customers’ subscriber lists and the collection of valuable subscriber data, to help make SMS their #1 revenue channel. You will be given the autonomy to grow to your full potential, and your contributions will directly impact our customers and Postscript’s bottom line.
Senior Fullstack Engineers at Postscript have a high impact on their team and on the wider engineering org through project leadership, technical expertise, and decision-making. As a Senior engineer you will guide your team in weighing technical constraints and business priorities to make the necessary trade-offs to deliver customer value. Our primary stack is currently React, Python, within a mostly monolithic, AWS-managed architecture.
On the Acquisition and App Experience team our SDK additionally leverages Lit Web Components and TypeScript, a mix of Cloudflare and AWS-managed architecture, and Shopify App Extensions. Our SDK sees several billion requests a month to over 150 million unique users, and our API handles millions of requests daily.
Your passion for building great products, especially in early-stage companies, will lead you to have a meaningful and positive impact on both the product and the company. In addition, you will have the opportunity to help expand the engineering team and build out architecture and processes as we scale.. This position is fully remote.
- Research, design, and deploy new technical solutions for a variety of ground-breaking projects
- Architect, build, and maintain REST APIs for external and internal customers
- Help architect and iterate on our growing list of acquisition tools
- Collaborate closely on a cross-functional team to deliver a world-class product
- Take ownership and get creative with your solutions, dive into bold ideas in order to achieve outstanding results
- Contribute to the health of the team through honest and direct feedback as we iterate and improve on our processes
- Guide your team to make optimal technical and product design decisions
- Mentor other engineers on best practices, standards, and learning opportunities
- Be accountable for communicating transparently and proactively, defining scope, breaking down and estimating tasks, risk and change management
- A track record as a software engineer who has led high performing teams or projects—SaaS experience preferred
- A proven career as a software engineer developing backend applications and APIs, hands-on expertise using Python (Flask and SQLAlchemy a plus)
- Experience with relational databases, SQL, and experience with database modeling
- Familiarity with building applications on AWS services
- Experience building modular, flexible architectures (maximizing readability and extensibility)
- Working familiarity with component design, state management, and testing in a React app
- History of pragmatically adopting new technology to support teamwork and great engineering, product, and design outcomes
- Stellar verbal and written communication skills
- Experience building great products (high growth, early stage tech preferred)
- Experience coaching and mentoring engineers
What We’ll Love About You
- You’re curious and enthusiastic—you love building things
- Energized by early stage companies and the opportunity to own and improve a new, fast-growing codebase
- You can drive technical decisions by measuring trade offs informed by both business priorities and technical needs
- You have empathy for users and enjoy helping others
- Strong attention to detail
- Bonus: Remote work experience. You love working on a remote-first team
What You’ll Love About Us
- Salary range of USD $170,000 to $200,000 base plus significant equity regardless of location
- High growth startup - plenty of room for you to directly impact the company and grow your career!
- Remote team - work from home (or wherever!)
- Fun - We’re passionate and enjoy what we do
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for equity
- Flexible paid time off
- Health, dental, vision insurance
- Other great perks
For information about how we use your personal data, please see our U.S. Job Applicant Privacy Notice
You are welcome here. Postscript is an ever-evolving place of equal employment for talented individuals.