Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
- Job Title: Cloud System Administrator
- Job Summary: As a Cloud Systems Administrator with The Pokémon Company International, your mission is to proactively monitor, manage, and provide excellent support for our corporate IT Cloud-based systems and services servicing our internal teams. This continuous improvement minded individual is heavily relied upon to manage our corporate IT cloud system-based applications and services. Being diligent to review existing processes, areas for improvement, and articulate in communicating resolution steps is key to being successful. They will also be able to review existing solutions, collaborate with team members on changes, and plan for successful system upgrades. The Cloud Systems Administrator will also assist in the day-to-day operation, support, and troubleshooting of all corporate IT-managed servers, software systems, and applications serving internal teams.
- FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
- People Manager: No
What you’ll do
- Provide management of AWS cloud-based systems and services to support uptime and availability of virtualized servers and applications.
- Install, configure, and deploy cloud servers, applications, and related services.
- Identify, review, and remediate server and application vulnerabilities on cloud-based IT systems.
- Monitor system performance, and troubleshoot issues with server and application errors, performance issues across enterprise clouds.
- Seek out opportunities to automate and reduce repetitive manual procedures and tasks.
- Be an escalation point for incidents, provide a path to resolution, and complete remediation.
- Develop and maintain run books and procedures for cloud system patching, maintenance, and management.
- Be responsible for proactive management, support, and drive improvement of existing systems.
- Provide post-mortem support to determine root cause of service interruptions and make recommendations on changes needed to prevent recurrence.
- Document technical problems, resolutions, and standard operating procedures for all systems related processes.
- Perform quarterly IT controls and governance tasks.
- Ensure consistent, timely, and effective response for all technical incidents/tickets reported by customers.
- Assist in driving Cloud and Application Modernization efforts.
- Act as first responder in the on-call rotation.
What you’ll bring
Five (5) to seven (7) years of relevant professional experience or a demonstrated equivalent level of expertise.
- Experience managing monitoring and logging tools for alert and event management.
- Foundational experience with networking: DHCP, DNS, VPN, Firewalls, etc.
- Experience working in a fully Agile team using SCRUM practices.
- Demonstrated experience with project coordination and time management, using analytical skills to work on multiple projects while simultaneously having limited supervision.
- A working history of using strong, professional communication skills, both verbal and written, including the skill to articulate, and translate technical language to non-technical customers.
- Nice to have: Deployment tools (Jenkins, Artifactory, etc.), Automation tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.). Cloud hosted VDI/DaaS, experience with media asset management (MAM) platforms/systems
Industry Certifications (MCSE, Server/Linux+, RHCSA, PMP) are a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or a demonstrated equivalent level of applicable experience.
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
For this role, new hires generally start between $102,000.00– $120,650.00. Full range: $102,000.00 - $152,000.00. This range is applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be hired. Final base salary is directly related to each candidates' qualifications and professional experience uniquely.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- US Employees: 401k Employer Matching
- UK/IRE Employees: Pension Employer Contributions
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.