Pinwheel - Building a fairer financial system by unlocking API access to payroll systems.
More than half of Americans have a poor credit score or no score at all. Since most financial institutions rely on traditional credit scoring to assess risk, that means these people can't access affordable financial products. Instead, they resort to high-interest credit cards, payday loans, and trigger overdraft fees to make ends meet — which ultimately push them into deeper cycles of debt.
Pinwheel provides an API platform that makes it easy to connect payroll accounts like ADP and Gusto to any app. By unlocking the wealth of identity, income and employment data that sits in these systems, alongside direct access to paychecks, we can help innovators build the next generation of financial products that increase access for the underserved while improving the businesses of our partner fintechs, banks, and lenders.
Who are we looking for?
As our Content Marketing Specialist, you will be a key factor in driving Pinwheel's next stage of growth. More concretely, you’ll help tell our story by shaping our content calendar, creating impactful content to influence our customers, and driving distribution through various channels.
We are in the early days of building up a full fledged marketing team at Pinwheel, so this will be an amazing opportunity to play a pivotal role in shaping what marketing looks like at our company!
What will you be doing?
- Execute on and evolve our editorial calendar by developing and publishing content that drives thought leadership, demonstrates our differentiation, and enables our go-to-market.
- Produce content across a variety of formats and channels — with an initial focus on blog posts, sales materials, website content, email, and social media.
- Partner with team members in product, commercial, and technology to develop impactful content that resonates with our audiences
- Work collaboratively to distribute content and analyze/measure performance metrics
- Breakdown and make complex (but fascinating!) topics like financial technology infrastructure, data aggregation, and payroll connectivity easy to relate to and understandable
What experience, skills, and qualifications are necessary?
- You have 2 to 4 years of experience creating B2B content across a variety of content types, including blogs, sales materials, case studies, social media, email, videos, and more.
- You’re an empathetic audience first storyteller. You’re always thinking about the best way to communicate with your audience, regardless of format
- You understand what a good content strategy that is mapped to a buyer’s journey looks like
- You’re a builder. We’re still in the early stages of our journey, so there’s a healthy balance between executing quickly while thinking about building the plane we’re flying.
- You’re passionate about the benefits that innovations in fintech can bring to our customers and the world at large.
- Bonus: You’re experienced with tools like Hubspot and Webflow, or similar tools/platforms
If you're interested in building financial infrastructure that will revolutionize the industry, submit an application here.
At Pinwheel, we are committed to building an environment that is diverse and inclusive. We believe that having people across different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives enables us not only to build the best financial products, but to help us realize the best versions of ourselves. Pinwheel is an equal opportunity employer, and we strive to be an open and supportive place to work.
Why join Pinwheel?
Best Time to Join - Our company is small but well-funded, meaning you get the upside of starting on the bottom floor with minimal risk.
Be a Cultural Founder - You will have an active hand in molding the company culture and being a part of the entrepreneurial journey.
Build Something Revolutionary - Help build the consumer data infrastructure of the future.