Pinwheel - Building a fairer financial system by unlocking API access to payroll systems.
More than half of Americans have a poor credit score or no score at all. Since most financial institutions rely on traditional credit scoring to assess risk, that means these people can't access affordable financial products. Instead, they resort to high-interest credit cards, payday loans, and trigger overdraft fees to make ends meet — which ultimately push them into deeper cycles of debt.
Pinwheel provides an API platform that makes it easy to connect payroll accounts like ADP and Gusto to any app. By unlocking the wealth of identity, income and employment data that sits in these systems, alongside direct access to paychecks, we can help innovators build the next generation of financial products that increase access for the underserved while improving the businesses of our partner fintechs, banks, and lenders.
Who are we looking for?
We’re looking for an Account Executive to work on our Enterprise Team. You will source and close opportunities with large financial institutions, including banks and credit unions, to leverage the Pinwheel service - driving the entire sales cycle from opportunity generation, pricing/structuring, and the legal contracting process. Once a client is signed, you will work with the client and our customer success team to drive utilization and upsells.
The Sales team is in midst of scaling, so there is a huge opportunity to make an outsized impact here.
What will you be doing?
- Your primary responsibility will be sourcing and signing new clients.
- Use your knowledge of Pinwheel’s solutions to suggest how prospects may leverage our API.
- Work with our Sales Lead to identify prospects and create outbound campaigns.
- Work to ensure client and prospect satisfaction by anticipating their needs while understanding their goals.
What experience, skills, and qualifications are necessary?
- 5+ years of experience in B2B technology sales.
- Demonstrated track record of being scrappy, and finding creative solutions to challenging and often ambiguous problems.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the desire to work in an externally facing role.
- High growth startup and fintech experience is a plus, but not required.
Why join Pinwheel?
Best Time to Join - Our company is small but well-funded, meaning you get the upside of starting on the bottom floor with minimal risk.
Be a Cultural Founder - You will have an active hand in molding the company culture and being a part of the entrepreneurial journey.
Build Something Revolutionary - Help build the consumer data infrastructure of the future.
- Excellent compensation & equity packages
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Life & short-term disability insurance
- Unlimited vacation
- Paid parental leave
- 401K for retirement planning
- Mentorship opportunities
- Free Citibike membership
- Pet-friendly offices and Zoom spaces
At Pinwheel, total compensation is made up of salary + equity + benefits. We recruit motivated and high performing talent, and work to compensate people in line with the value they can bring to the organization in delivering outsized results. The talent market is competitive, and maintaining our ability to recruit and retain the best team possible is a top priority for Pinwheel. When creating an offer, we consider interview performance, candidate experience, external market competitiveness, and internal equity in thoughtfully assessing compensation. The expected cash salary range for this role is $108,500-$137,500, plus variable compensation.
Diversity & Inclusion at Pinwheel
The success of our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion relies on continuous, immersive learning and dialogue within our entire team. All employees of Pinwheel are expected to demonstrate behaviors of equity, advocacy, activism, inclusion, and anti-racism in the workplace.