Pinwheel - Building a fairer financial system by unlocking API access to payroll systems.
More than half of Americans have a poor credit score or no score at all. Since most financial institutions rely on traditional credit scoring to assess risk, that means these people can't access affordable financial products. Instead, they resort to high-interest credit cards, payday loans, and trigger overdraft fees to make ends meet — which ultimately push them into deeper cycles of debt.
Pinwheel provides an API platform that makes it easy to connect payroll accounts like ADP and Gusto to any app. By unlocking the wealth of identity, income and employment data that sits in these systems, alongside direct access to paychecks, we can help innovators build the next generation of financial products that increase access for the underserved while improving the businesses of our partner fintechs, banks, and lenders.
Who are we looking for?
Over the last year, we’ve really built out our team. Now we’re looking for our first People Ops Specialist to work closely with our People Team to shape the employee experience and make sure that Pinwheelers of all backgrounds are able to do their best work. Together, you’ll help keep employees happy and well attended, playing a key role in shaping Pinwheel’s culture. This opportunity is perfect to learn about and gain visibility into how the People Team function supports the overall Pinwheel experience.
What will you be doing?
- Design programs and solutions that support the full employee lifecycle in line with Pinwheel’s Core Values and mission
- Be the point of contact for inquiries and enhancements related to in-person and remote workspaces and employee experience
- Develop and manage onboarding processes and programs
- Manage employee perks program, rewards & recognition programs
- Support People Team projects, with a focus on identifying opportunities to streamline, improve, and scale People Operations processes, including initiatives focused on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Create a supportive and comfortable workplace, and develop and support employee-facing services and events
- Help maintain a safe and compliant work environment, including managing COVID-19 compliance
- Facilitate, analyze, and support action planning for biannual engagement survey
- Identify opportunities to create an equitable and inclusive hybrid work environment for the organization
What experience, skills, and qualifications are necessary?
- 2-3+ years of employee experience and onboarding program planning or office management experience
- Strong written communication skills (particularly the ability to write clear, playful communications)
- Successful track record of maintaining confidentiality
- Strong proposal generator, with the ability to communicate benefits, trade offs, and unintended consequences
- Comfort managing many tasks, projects, and relationships at once
- Ability to adapt, learn, and stay positive in the face of change and ambiguity.
- Passion for getting into the nitty-gritty of organizational problems and employee experiences, and creating solutions
- Demonstrable track record of being scrappy, and finding creative solutions to tough, and oftentimes ambiguous problems
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the desire to work in an employee-facing role.
- Startup experience a plus, but not required
Why join Pinwheel?
Best Time to Join - Our company is small but well-funded, meaning you get the upside of starting on the bottom floor with minimal risk.
Be a Cultural Founder - You will have an active hand in molding the company culture and being a part of the entrepreneurial journey.
Build Something Revolutionary - Help build the consumer data infrastructure of the future.